And the Dog Fight Continues

Guest DaveG

Please, someone come to my aid, this dog fight is getting out of control. All small dog owners, pug, chihuahus, bull dogs, or other small breeds, arise. The gaultlet has been thrown down and we need to take sides, and the small dogs will triumph.

Well, I really feel bad because before I even knew Dave or he me, I teased him about his dogs on chat last week. I apogize because I really don't know a hill of beans about dogs. I have cats, also way under 20 lbs which might quailify me for the small dog club--lol. I think what matters most is not the size but the love between animal and owners and that can't be weighed by any known scale.

Elaine

BUT Folks Do hyperthroid Tijuana sewer Rats quailfy as dogs, that is the question at hand!, Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?

Dave G I'm telling you, your wife doesn't look Japanese, I think she has been fooling you all these years, I'm sure you have fooled her about a thang or two also! Know what I mean!

Geez, David! Were you a few years younger, I'm betting there'd be some "Yer MAMA!" things posted!

...and DaveG, sure doesn't matter the size of the dog, little dogs are all heart (my first beastie was an 8-pound mutt - a little blonde dog). David's just bragging about his lap full of pus-- er, cat! :oops:

We'll be looking to adopt again soon, son wants a "small" dog - he's thinking Newfoundland...go figure! I'd need a farming license to keep it in the city limits...

Dave G, how the hell are you counting 3? Becky doesn't even have a dog and the kids talking Newfie when she does get one (a wonderful choice by the way). Elaine, has CATS. I do not read anything in their comments placing them squarely on your side. I will however, give you Don Wood.

Me, of course, as a former Newfoundland owner, and currently the owner of one 29 lb. mutt, I side with my partner in crime David A.

I believe that makes the score 2-2, a tie. Looks like you need more support.

:P

Fay did NOT say Chihuahuas are tough....Fay said Houdini-Dog is a BIG WUSS!!!!!

Dave G. DID say that Ry is RIGHT....even if one needs a microscope to see what he said...

And just for the record....Beagles are not really "small" dogs. They can howl with the best of the big dogs! (says the former owner of two beagles, one named Lena Horne and the other, Billy Holiday)

" Don't know why.....there's no sun up in the sky....stormy weather..."

OK, I confess....I guess it would have come out eventually...I...Oh, this is hard...I..am...a...former...rat-dog...owner....THERE, I said it, are you happy[/b]?!?!

I used to be the owner of a rat type dog, she was a westie, I don't know what, mix...she weighed in (this is the hard part) at 7lbs...

But I'm reformed, I now own a 65lb mutt...OK, so he's just as annoying-maybe even more annoying. I mean when Darby (the rat-dog) would jump on your leg, you could brush her off by just blowing at her...Farley acts just as wiery (its the terrior thing), and is a heck of a lot harder to shrug off!

So, there you have it, been on both sides of the fence...though I love both dogs, I must admit...(deep sigh) the rat dog was easier to take care of...ARE YOU HAPPY DAVEG? I mean, I could get 5 people to watch the rat when we were away, but FARLEY, Noooooo, I have to board him for $200 bucks!!! Not to mention the SHEDDING!!! Oh, don't get me started...

But, dog love is dog love....can't we just get along? (this is not my attempt to call attention away from myself as a rat-dog lover...I liked the CONVENIENCE of the small dog, Farley is more fun to play with. But, honestly-the unconditional love, well, ok....ok...now I'm getting sappy. I'll shut up now....

Ry, and DaveA, be gentle.....deb

As the owner of the hybrid gerbil-parakeet warrior princess avatar, I feel I must chime in. I've already confessed that my sister in S.C. lives with the bug-eyed oddity you see to the left.

Now....I don't know how to say this, but I must...

Yes, you see -- it's true --- another sister has a quivering little spoiled prissy canine pretender known as a miniature pinscher! Yes, these two women are MY OWN KIN!!

I don't know where Mom & Dad went wrong......

*hanging my head in shame*

Dave,

Alright, I will stand up and be proud, for I too own a chiahauPom.

I don't know what happened. I thought I was getting a bargin for just $250. I mean, "I thought I got us the best one!" The lady we bought her from raises both chihauhaus and Pomeranians. Umm, I think got this super-hybred or something. She looks like a furry chihuahua. So....O.K. Dave, swoop-another score for you. Sorry David A. :roll:

Cheryl

Deberoo gets the pat on the back for the day. She says dog love is dog love, no matter the size or type of dog.

Thank you Deb. Your contribution to this ongoing outlandish activity is greatly appreciated. Thank you for chimming in and adding your 2 cents worth.

Okay I guess I will have to chime in here on Dave G's side. I have had all kinds of dogs big and small. The shepard was the best ever but would sure be hard for me to have in the house right now. Misty was Johnny's little dog. I say little because she is little in body (between 6&7 lbs.) but big in spirit. She thinks she is a husky and will challenge any big dog to prove differently. I have to watch or she will get me in trouble with one.

Now my niece is a cat lover. She has cats everywhere and that many cats like to fight. Misty has taken on the role of cat police. Let them dare start to fight or just run too fast and she is in the middle of them barking and nipping at them. They are afraid of her!!!!!!! My niece wanted a picture of her to paste is one place so when they try to go there they will see her and run away.

So Dave you are right it is not the size of the dog but the size of it's heart and the way it sees itself. Now if anyone can tell me a way to get rid of that white hair that is like wire without hand picking it off everything she will really be the winner along with all other small dogs with big hearts.

I would post her picture but if she had her mouth open when I took it it might embarrase her. She is half wire terrier and half miniture pug. The only thing pug is her mouth not even her nose. Johnny said she has a face only a mother could love. Well maybe so but he loved her and I am learning more everyday.

Ok, I have spent a considerable amount of time calculating the score here and I really hate to admit that Dave G is coming out way ahead (even giving David A the neutral Tbone). What is wrong with you people?!

So David A you better start mustering up some support for the real dogs of the world. I have the score as Dave G- 6 David A- 4

Oh the shame....

YEEEESSSSSS :!::!::!::!::!:

SMALL DOGS WILL DOMINATE AND SHOW ALL OF YOU UP, THAT JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE SMALL DOGS THEY CAN WHIZ AND CRAP WITH THE BEST OF THEM.

WE LOVE OUR SMALL DOGS, WHO CAN SIT QUIETLY IN OUR LAP, SNUGGLE UP TO US WITHOUT PUSHING US OUT OF THE BED, OR OFF THE RECLINER. THEY MAY BE SMALL IN STATURE, BUT THEIR HEARTS ARE HUGE.