Our journey with STAGE III-C non small (inoperable) LUNG cancer..

Brenda F

I look on here quite often but I can't seem to navigate very well. I've had several strokes so here goes. My husband has had quite a time of this journey with NSCLC STAGE III-C. Knights largest mass was 5.2 it has shrunk to just 5 now. Is that have any meaning? Also 2 of 5 lymph nodes have shrunk .01 and .02 the other 3 have increased a tiny bit in size. Is there really anything good here? 

He has completed the chemotherapy and did 1/2 of the radiation treatments but had to stop radiation it was killing him. He is now on immunotherapy with the Durmo???? Can't spell it. Sorry. He has been doing that for about one month so far. It has messed up his thyroid so now on meds for that and enlarged prostate. Any one got any info to share??

Brenda,

So sorry to hear about your husband.  My journey with lung cancer involved only surgery so I cannot give any answers to your questions around chemo and radiation.  But there are others here who not only have experience with them, but are quite knowledgable.  I would expect you'll be hearing from them soon. In the meantime your husband and you are in my prayers.

Brenda,

As Lou mentioned, hopefully others will chime in soon, but in the meanwhile, you can also browse around on Durvalumab thread (click on the link and it'll take you there).  I'm assuming they did a biopsy of his tumor and did the biomarker testing (aka genomic testing) and found he does not have any gene mutation?  If not, something to inquire your medical team - if you have any mutation, targeted therapy is far more effective than the conventional treatments.

I suggest a notebook.  Write down any question that arises, ask your medical team, and also use that notebook to take notes on all the appointments.

Hang in there.

MB

Thank you Lou and MB. It is very hard to figure out anything that is going on with my husband's cancer. I will write these things down and ask our oncologist. He did tell me it was Big Cell. GOD Bless you guys. Brenda

Archived