Needle biopsy for more samples

Lisa66

Waiting to go for a needle biopsy. Everything is new to me so it all makes me nervous. I know there is a whole lot worse coming, but I still worry. I hope everyone here having scans or procedures will find piece of mind and good news.

Prayers

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

We all have the same fears going into this, spooling up prayers for a good tissue sample.  I’m assuming they are going to send the biopsy for biomarker testing?  Hold on tight to your faith.  
Michelle

Thanks to both of you for your encouragement. To answer your question Michelle a bronchoscopy was done and it showed a mixed bag. I have a rapid growth tumor that grew so aggressively that it collapsed in upon itself. That I think is squamos she said, but there was traces of small cell so they did a needle biopsy today.Hopefully it will be enough.

Prayers to all

Lisa

Lisa, my wife had to have a needle biopsy in October and it was scary but not as bad as we thought. All this cancer stuff is scary but I think our minds make it worse. My wife had very minimal discomfort for a few hours after but for her it wasn't enough to take anything for it.  Hang in there, all these tests are necessary steps to get your treatment going in the right direction.

Archived