New Member/Opdivo + Yervoy Combo

Julie2

Hi.  I just joined this site for help and support.  My mother (age 70) was recently diagnosed with Stage IV NSCLC adenocarcinoma with mets to liver and bones.  She is in poor health and has decided against chemo.  She started the Opdivo and Yervoy combo today and we are all very anxious on what to expect and how she will respond.  I would love to hear about any members' experiences with this immunotherapy combo!

Thank you, and thank you for this forum.

Hello Julie.  I’m sorry to hear about your moms diagnosis.  I don’t have any direct experience with that treatment protocol but I know others on the site will.  My father passed away from Lung Cancer many years ago. I really wish he had access to the new drugs and treatments that are available.  They are making huge differences for people.  I was diagnosed last year and am comforted by the progress being made.   

Hi Julie and welcome, I, too, am sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. Like Curt, I don't have any experience with this combo and I hope that you will get responses from those who do. I know there are people on these forums who have used Opdivo, but I'm not sure about Yervoy.

Best wishes,

Bridget O

I had that immunotherapy combo after stereotactic radiation. I was told no ALK or EGFR mutation so was candidate for the clinical. I had lots of muscle pain, itchy rash and dry mouth. All would have been worth it if it worked!  6 months in — progression with new nodules in lung. To say I was dissapointed is an understatement!  Now on Alimta and carboplatin. Good luck!   Side effects manageable if it works

Thank you for your responses.  Lin Wilki, I'm sorry the combo didn't work for you, that really stinks.  So far Mom's side effects have been minor pain (she really doesn't distinguish between muscle or joint, just that there is some pain) and nausea (her oncologist is calling in a prescription to help with that).

Archived