Happy Holidays to all!

Barb1260

I’ve been laying low lately as I found myself reading other LC sites and getting very depressed reading all the negatives. Hope everyone enjoys whatever holiday you observe and I hope the new year brings us all good happenings. 

Hi Barb-

You’ve come to the right place for a boost!  I remember what you were going through last year and how you’re in a much better place today.   One of the things I really appreciate about our family here is the HOPE from the long term survivors.   The grit and grace in the face of adversity. Who knew getting out of bed could be so hard on some days?  Those are the days I think of @LouT out there power walking, @Curtgetting excited about power washing his deck or the other Jersey Girl @Opal trying time squeeze into her clothes post Durva....😀
You’ve made a fabulous contribution to the Durva Club this year, just think how you’ve helped someone who might be starting out today.   This too shall pass and when it does, Carry On.  All the best to you in the New Year! 

Michelle

Holidays bring an equal amount of joy and sorrow.  For some more of one than the other.  It can be a tough time of year for some.  I hope yours is filled with mostly Joy.    

Barb,

I always relive my less than happy holiday season memories while in treatment. This year was no exception. But my wife reminded me I’m alive to have the remembrance.  We celebrated with an early afternoon movie date and stuffing afterwards at Waffle House. It was memorable.

Stay the course. 

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks.  I haven't been around much, but all of you are never far from my mind.  This holiday was a tough one.  In the past I've mentioned that my wife has dementia.  She deteriorated very rapidly over the holiday and I finally had to place her in Memory Care on 1/6/20.  So, I hadn't been around much to offer anything.  But my message to Barb is that Michelle is right, you've come to a good place filled with tough people fighting a good fight and doing it very well.  You'll get caring, support information and maybe a light push forward (when needed).  

Happy New Year to everyone...I guess I'll have to get ready for my scans in February...why do the first set always seem to be the scariest?  Not sure, but going to live every day fully...And, finally, Michelle, you, Curt, Tom, Lexie and others got me through so much...I'll never forget that.  

Hi Lou, I'm sorry to hear that you had to place your wife in memory care. That must have been an excruciating decision; we do what we  have to do, but it can be really hard. I wish you peace and comfort with these changes in your life.

Bridget

Lou that’s sad news to start the year, I’m sorry to  hear about your wife. My Grandfather had to make the same tough choice when he could no longer manage his wife at home back in the draconian nursing home days when memory care was not an option.    I understand how difficult the whole process is and the “new normal” that will soon follow.   Grandpa had to learn to enjoy life again without feeling guilty.  It was a grieving process that took some time.  

I can’t ever remember a time when you haven’t been able to make a contribution here so even if a quick hello can make our day! 

We’ll pray for your peace heading into the first scan next month.  We’re all rooting for you! 

Michelle 

Hi Lou,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's condition. You have always been such a positive voice here!

Sending you my heartfelt words of comfort!!

Ro

Archived