I cannot sleep, have not slept since yesterday. Exhausted

jhnglyn

Any suggestions - I feel fine, checked blood pressure and it is good, no fever, nothing.  Breathing is labored when lying down and cannot get in a good position to sleep.

Hi-

We've all been there, craving a good night’s sleep. Couple of things to try- a foam wedge pillow. It’s just enough elevation to raise your head and open the airways a bit.  We found several good options on Amazon.  Second you might consider a little Melatonin.  Be sure to let your doc know too, no symptom is too small to be addressed.  They might be able to prescribe something short term.  
Michelle 

You and me both. I've got an appointment with my Surgeon in 3 hours and didn't sleep a wink. 

What's keeping you up?

Tom

I’m happy to say that I sleep really well these days, sixteen months after my diagnosis. The early days it was impossible to sleep due to broncospasams, pneumonia and plueral effusion.  I got my fist good nights sleep after my targeted therapy (pills) stopped the cough. 

Another trick is the Andrew Weil MD 4-7-8 breathing exercise when laying down. It’s on YouTube. It triggers a parasympathetic response to trigger sleep. 

I don’t think anyone sleeps well in the beginning of all of this. I’m seeing my oncologist for scan results in a few hours too, I slept like a rock last night.  Good luck with the appointment.  Let us know how it goes.  

Archived