Friends

TJM

Have a couple from Seattle coming down for the weekend today. Going to cook us dinner, hang, have fun and then watch the Superbowl tomorrow. Last night a bunch of local friends (closer to my wife) came over. I still hadn't showered and was in pain most of yesterday so I hid..but they got her silly drunk and I could hear them all laughing while hiding in my room. She needed it because she can barely hobble around and is feeling guilty that she isn't doing more for me. Blowing out her knee now was bad timing.

So, took two pills this morning to kill any pain, took a shower and cleaned up the house a bit. Feeling much much better today. Shower was great and it was the first time I have really looked at my wounds. Wow. No wonder it hurts. Glad I got a VAT because if these wounds are from a minimally invasive surgery I can't imagine what an invasive surgery would look like.

Bottom line. Friends should be held close and allowed to help. It helps them and it helps you. Also motivates (me at least) to get up and move around with purpose.

I am probably not my Doctors favorite patient. But I do not really care that much because I'm the one who has to heal up and the sooner the better. Bottom line is  results, which I got...they moved my post OP visit to Monday so I can get this catheter out and refilled my pain meds. After Monday I hope to be done with the surgeon and just deal with my pulmonary doc. She is awesome and I feel like she cares more. Guessing surgeons are more into the action than the patient?

Hoping for a good game tomorrow. My money is on the 49ers but I wouldn't mind seeing Reid and KC get the win. Mahomes is the real deal.

Peace

Tom

Tom,

I had well intended friends stop in after my first surgery. One of their children had a cold and I wound up in the hospital with a serious chest infection and a 105-degree fever. That started me down the road of a year's worth of corrective surgery. I'd be most wary of anyone visiting till you are well healed and your post surgical chemotherapy is complete (if in fact you are having post surgical chemo).

If KC can stop the run, they get the win.

Regards,

Tom

Not real concerned about catching something right now. Obviously if somebody is sick dont want them around...but these two are old like me. No children.

If I do Chemo will be way more careful. Been through the drill with my oldest. His bone marrow shutdown and he had ZERO white blood cells for two months....and very low for months after that. Talk about stress. Kid was only 12 years old.

Agree on your view of the game.

Peace

Sounds like you're moving right along! Some balance is good-- doing stuff and taking it easy.  Do you have somebody to clean your house while both you and your wife are reccovering?  I reoommend it. Glad your in shape to enjoy the Super Bowl.

Tom,

I love hearing how you are coming along and I understand old friend's but Tom G's caution is a good one.  I had contracted a pretty bad cold after my surgery and the coughing increased my pain three-fold.  So, please be careful.  On the other hand have a good time with friends and family.  Sorry to hear about your wife's knee.  I know how painful that can be and I hope she feels better soon.   Keep on trucking bud and from here on you should feel a  bit better every day.

Lou

14 hours ago, BridgetO said:

Sounds like you're moving right along! Some balance is good-- doing stuff and taking it easy.  Do you have somebody to clean your house while both you and your wife are reccovering?  I reoommend it. Glad your in shape to enjoy the Super Bowl.

One of the reasons they came down this weekend was to give us a hand. As I sit in my recliner, warm under a big blanket and watching TV they are cleaning my refrigerator.

Who says there isn't an upside to having cancer.....😁

Tom,

I am glad to hear you were able to watch the big game and that you have great friends to help out - I agree with Bridget, people who clean your fridge are keepers!  I was happy to see that your prediction for the game was incorrect - I was rooting for the Chief's simply because I have despised the 49'rs since birth (die hard Seahawks fan here).  I hope to hear that all goes well with your post-op appointment and you continue to feel more like yourself each day.

Take Care

Steff

Tom,

Sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected. Glad your wife had some well needed friend time. Good luck with your post-op appointment.

By the way, I'm a big KC Chiefs fan and went from depressed to elated that last quarter. I'm kind of glad it's over for the season because I don't think my heart can take those games!

Rose

Archived