Lisa

Lisa Loves Marty

Hi, I have stage IV adenocarcinoma non small cell lung cancer. I was diagnosed July 2019.  I had four rounds of chemo with keytruda and am now on keytruda by itself. I've also had cyberknife for brain mets. Hope to find some hope here. 

Welcome Lisa,

It is late (3:23 AM) and am having difficulty sleeping. So here is my bottom line up front: in February I’ll celebrate 16 years of surviving Late stage NSCLC Squamous cell. I’ve had every kind of treatment except immunotherapy and if I can live, so can you. More later.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Lisa,

I have not had chemo for my LC, but rather a lobectomy.  But I can tell you that many on the forum have (e.g., Tom Galli) and have strong stories of survival to tell.  So, be of good cheer and NEVER let go of hope.  Things are so different now than years ago and your chances of survival have never been better.  You'll be hearing from more of us soon and welcome to the club nobody ever wanted to join.

Lou

7 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Welcome Lisa,

It is late (3:23 AM) and am having difficulty sleeping. So here is my bottom line up front: in February I’ll celebrate 16 years of surviving Late stage NSCLC Squamous cell. I’ve had every kind of treatment except immunotherapy and if I can live, so can you. More later.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thank you so much Tom. I really needed to hear that. Look forward to hearing more from you. I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping. I have that also sometimes. 

3 hours ago, LouT said:

Hi Lisa,

I have not had chemo for my LC, but rather a lobectomy.  But I can tell you that many on the forum have (e.g., Tom Galli) and have strong stories of survival to tell.  So, be of good cheer and NEVER let go of hope.  Things are so different now than years ago and your chances of survival have never been better.  You'll be hearing from more of us soon and welcome to the club nobody ever wanted to join.

Lou

Thank you Lou. I'm hoping for hope from you all. 

Lisa,

I feel confident that you will find HOPE here.  I came here 3 years ago looking for the same thing when my mom was diagnosed with her lung cancer recurrence (NSCLC adenocarcinoma).  Finding LUNGevity was one of the best things to happen with this journey.  I hope you feel the same.

My mom had chemo (6 rounds) + Keytruda and then went on to Keytruda alone for about 1 year.  She currently has no evidence of disease and has been off of treatment since October 2018.  I hope you have as much success with immunotherapy as my mom did for her lung cancer recurrence.  You can read about my mom's journey  here.   I hope it can give you some insight to her first year of immunotherapy treatment and give you some hope.

Take Care,

Steff

Welcome, Lisa!  LUNGevity has a Lung Cancer HELPLine staffed with oncology social workers if you ever need them for resources: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/support-services/lung-cancer-helpline

Also, if you would ever like to speak with someone one on one who has been on a similar lung cancer path, the LifeLine Program will match you with a mentor.  If you have any questions about either of these programs, please let me know.

Hi, Lisa. I'm about to celebrate my four year cancerversary. I was diagnosed with stage IV adenocarcinoma in February 2016, and have since had two recurrences. I've had chemo, radiation, and SBRT. So - there is hope. Here are my tips to help you: don't read statistics - they are crap. You can live your life in fear of cancer or in spite. I chose spite! 😉

In all seriousness, we're here to help you so please ask us anything and let us know how we can support you.

Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi.  I see you’ve already met some great people here.  You’ve come to the right place.  This is such a unique and inspiring place to come and chat about anything, nothing is insignificant.  I was diagnosed Stage IV ALK Positive NSCLC in September 2018.  Plenty of things to be hopeful about with the speed of research the science is on our side. Every few months there’s another clinical trial gearing up.  My motto: diagnosis is not prognosis.  I’m sorry you have this dreadful disease however I’m glad you found us.  You’ve just made a bunch of new friends.  
Michelle

10 hours ago, Rower Michelle said:

Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi.  I see you’ve already met some great people here.  You’ve come to the right place.  This is such a unique and inspiring place to come and chat about anything, nothing is insignificant.  I was diagnosed Stage IV ALK Positive NSCLC in September 2018.  Plenty of things to be hopeful about with the speed of research the science is on our side. Every few months there’s another clinical trial gearing up.  My motto: diagnosis is not prognosis.  I’m sorry you have this dreadful disease however I’m glad you found us.  You’ve just made a bunch of new friends.  
Michelle

Thank you Michelle. Definitely finding some hope here. Some days, weeks  better than others.  Lately not so great probably because tests are coming up.. frightful!

The tests are no fun, that’s for certain. It’s really easy to drum up the worst case scenario while playing the sucky waiting game.  I try to think not about “what if” however “what’s next”.  For the first time in decades oncologists have tools in the war chest.   Find something you love to do, for me during the scan run up it’s spa week.  Perfect hair for each scan. Brighter days are coming.  

Archived