1 Year Today

Curt

Exactly one year post lobectomy and cancer free.  It’s strange how scared I am to write those words for fear that I’m going to “jinx”it.  One year later I still have a little bit of numbness on my side and it still feels tight when I cough and sneeze.  Minor given the circumstances.  I feel grateful for where I am.  I have a follow-up CT scan next month and I’ll be nervous.  Part of my new normal.

I remember those early posts Curt, what a difference a year makes.  Try not to worry about those upcoming scans (yeah I know we all do). Pretty soon baseball season will be here and the boys will be joyfully running you into the ground!  Carry on! 
Michelle

Curt I remember hanging on your every word because our stories were  so similar.  You were brave enough to have the surgery and I was thinking the whole time it was Benign,  you were shocked and reading it so was I.  You are an inspiration to me dude and I’m still too scared of surgery  and to  do anything but watch and wait.  I have a lot of faith in my pulmonologist and he is very frank with me, I was supposed to get a ct scan end of this month but my insurance is going by the model of no uptake on pet and two scans  with no growth so I will wait until end of June which he is ok with and frankly so am I.   He thinks because of the pet and scans it could very likely be cancerous but yet so slow growing that it probably won’t affect me in my lifetime...I mean I’m in my early 50’s so I hope not but I want to always get scanned just in case anyway glad you are doing good.  Love and Light ❤️

@Rower Michelle baseball practices started in January 😡 .  I need to start a whole other board for my thoughts on that.   A years has made quite the difference.  Kind of hard to believe it went by as fast it did.  

@Lisa L yours have to be benign.  There is no way both of us are in the minority.  If it weren’t for my family history I’d probably still be watching mine.  

Congrats. Half way to the promised land. 2 years no recurrence and, bingo....those Google Stats really start working in your favor!

Happy for you

Tom

20 hours ago, Curt said:

Exactly one year post lobectomy and cancer free.  It’s strange how scared I am to write those words for fear that I’m going to “jinx”it.  One year later I still have a little bit of numbness on my side and it still feels tight when I cough and sneeze.  Minor given the circumstances.  I feel grateful for where I am.  I have a follow-up CT scan next month and I’ll be nervous.  Part of my new normal.

Curt:

I had a lobectomy (stage 1a NSCLC) just this past December (2019) and I pray to be able to post those exact same words next December!  It's so helpful to see where someone else is further down the road than myself. 

@Terry S those first few months after surgery were tough but it gets better.  Take it one scan at a time.  I’ll be looking for your NED post next December.  

Archived