Good scans; but

bobmc

Saw my onc. yesterday, for the 2 year check up; boy was I nervous about this one :roll::roll:

The good news is the brain , chest and abdomen scans were all clear, NED !! :D:D:D ; BUT :? the CEA marker is rising from 2.5, to 7 & now at 13, and I have been getting on and off pain in the upper back between the shoulder blades. :? BUT, I am also being treated for bronchites and a long winter cold, - so could be nothing; But my doc scheduled me for a bone scan next week just to be sure :D DON'T YA JUST HATE THE BUTS!! :x anyway, grateful to be NED and to have a thorough doc.; and learning to live with the buts!!!

I know I'm pushing it, but next Fri. come hell or high water I'll be 2 years cancer free and I'm gonna celebrate!!! :D

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC stage IIB - left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today! "

BobMc,

Lots of good news :D , but I agree that the "but-sandwiches" are a true pain-in-the-butt!! Your onc sounds really careful and methodical...that's reassuring. I'm COUNTING on bronchitis being the culprit. I'm cheering you on for your 2-year celebration and hoping to get there myself! Praying for good bone scan!

Bob,

I am thrilled for you. And we have a couple of "better safe than sorry" doctors - and as scary as each test is - I am glad they are so thorough.

Because I also believe better early than late.

Okay - you have me stumped!!! What is NED?????