Don’t panic?

Sorry about this rant but I’ve about had it with people telling me I shouldn’t be so worried about the possibility of the Coronavirus becoming an epidemic. I want to scream at them “my mom is not only 90 years old she has stage IV lung cancer!”. She wouldn’t survive this virus of that I have no doubt! She has spent the last year doing everything she could to buy more time and this virus could make all of that for nothing. And if I’m exposed to it, who’s going to take care of things for her while I wait to see if I have it???? Not to mention those two weeks or so away from her would be time I would never get back.  Don’t tell me not to panic unless you are walking in my shoes because you don’t know what it’s like to worry day in and day out about one of the most important people in my life. 
OK rant over. I feel better. Thank you.

I totally understand where you are coming from. My mom is stage IV with COPD and it is a constant worry for me. I feel like a hand sanitizer addict when in public because i can not afford to get sick. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am absolutely with you. My mom is also Stage IV would not survive this virus, and watching many people not comply with quarantine or take things seriously is driving me insane. 

We need to be strong and focused. So sorry you and your mom are going through this and during the pandemic as well. Best wishes and be safe.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying home as much as possible!  This section of the website is being updated daily with information to help everyone stay healthy and safe: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/covid-19-coronavirus

I feel the exact same way my mom got her dx less than a year ago and just hit remission a month ago and my dad is an emergency room doctor. He has quit his job because as a first responder in the er he was at risk to kill her. His immune system is compromised by an auto immune disease and my grandparents both have heart problems I’m the caregiver and caretaker and errand runner for all of them and I’m scared to death that I’m going to kill my family. I’m so terrified that I can’t sleep and I’m amatarting to make myself sick with worry.  If anyone has any advice feel free to email me cwoody4224@gmail.com. Stay strong caretakers our people need us more now than ever and we need them too. 

Archived