Kate7617

Kate7617

Hello to all my buddies out there! Certainly wish that some of you were in my neck of the woods, and if you may be certainly let me know! I had my PET yesterday, get results tomorrow, with this "virus" that is around I was sitting on the fence as whether or not to go, surely is scary while my immune system is not functioning properly and my lungs are compromised. Staying in the house most days, thank God that hubby goes to stores and whatever we need in the house. It certainly isn't the best case scenario having lung cancer and this virus around. The facility that I went for my PET assured me that they disinfected all the chairs and what not , how is everyone else holding up? Please let me know, and if you can share any tips to stay "healthy" until this virus passes, I am all ears! Kate

Hi Kate,

I think we all have various levels of a “freak out” meter going on.  We’ll look back at January as the good old days.  
I receive my treatment at an NCI and I’ve seen them personally wiping down waiting room chairs.  If there’s one place we’ll probably be okay is with other oncology patients, like minded people more or less.  
Go to the appointment, make an effort not to touch your face.  Wash hands, use sanitizer and take a hot shower when you get home. Don’t touch your phone unless you’ve washed your hands.  
I don’t think there’s much we can do expect ride this big wave and try to adjust to yet another new normal.  
Let us know how it goes.  

I live in the state of Washington and just finished my first round of Chemo so I assure you I completely understand your concern. I'm not going to do anything to compromise my treatment tho regardless of COVID 19. 

Hoping you get a perfect scan result!

Peace

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

As you probably know ( in another message, my PET CT scan was clear. Good news for that. Just wanted to thank you for reaching out to me, it is certainly nice to know we are all on the same team! I pray that all stay well during this pandemic and will pray that it will end quickly! Be well! Kate

On 3/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, Kate7617 said:

As you probably know ( in another message, my PET CT scan was clear. Good news for that. Just wanted to thank you for reaching out to me, it is certainly nice to know we are all on the same team! I pray that all stay well during this pandemic and will pray that it will end quickly! Be well! Kate

😀😀👏🏻 glad to hear the good news. 

Archived