3/16 Coffee Date

LUNGevityKristin

Welcome to our first virtual coffee date!  We can talk about anything and everything and just feel more connected in real time while we are practicing social distancing.

What is your favorite drink to order at your local coffee shop? 

coffee date.jpg

Good morning,

Mine is a caramel latte with whip!  Wish I had one now. I don’t worry about the calories.  I actually need to try and gain my weight back since being in treatment.  

I hope we’re not the only ones having coffee this morning. 😊

Babs

I used to love a good latte at Starbucks, but PC, I've substituted almond milk.  Bleh, but better than nothing.   Today it's cold and rainy here in KC so another inside day.  My husband is dropping off our tax documents but not staying with the CPA as we have done in previous years. We're watching watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix, we hadn't seen it before but it's five seasons, should take a while to get through it.  If anyone has any good recommendations from say, pre- 2018, I'd love to hear it.  With all this stay at home stuff, the streaming recommendations are coming out, but I've already seen a lot of them! (Inhibitor afternoons!). 

I love a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato but just brewed at home this morning. :)

What is peaky blinders?  We are looking for new shows, especially ones we can watch with the kids around since they are home until at least April 13th!

Peaky Blinders is a British Netflix series- too many F bombs for kids, takes place in England 1919, about one family's crime business.  If you all haven't seen Lost in Space on Netflix it's very family friendly.  

Oh, we will try Lost in Space!

Here's a good list of the best Netflix shows to watch now...

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-netflix-shows-and-movies-to-binge-watch-now/

I really liked Ozark and House of Cards.  I think Ozark has a new season coming out soon!

We really liked Ozark also!  If you never watched “Justified”, it’s a must see.  I don’t think it’s on Netflix though.  I’m not sure who streams it. 

I don’t have any kid friendly suggestions since it’s just me and my husband normally. I’m sure we will all get pretty creative over the next month or so.  

Just now, Babs said:

We really liked Ozark also!  If you never watched “Justified”, it’s a must see.  I don’t think it’s on Netflix though.  I’m not sure who streams it. 

I don’t have any kid friendly suggestions since it’s just me and my husband normally. I’m sure we will all get pretty creative over the next month or so.  

My husband loved that one but I didn't watch it.  Maybe he'll watch again with me after the kids are in bed. :)

I’ve been in self isolation since March 7th.  Now things are closing down, no yoga, Tai Chi or LiveStrong.  Our church set up a special live stream.  My husband is only going to & from work at the warehouse, supermarket & gas station.  

I go on walks & ride my trike to get out.

Other than that we’re home bodies.  We have closets that need cleaning out but we’d have to be really bored to tackle that!  Doing okay here!

Not a coffee drinker. I've thought of trying one of those fancy concoctions that don't taste like coffee but afraid I'd like it. I have enough trouble with my sweet tooth now.

I have a CAT scan Wednesday, chemo Thursday and a Udenyca shot Friday so I am sticking close to home. With this coronavirus scare I'll be staying close to home for awhile. 

Have lots of movies, series, etc saved on my favorites lists on Prime and Netflix that I will get to after I get some much needed house cleaning done.

Is anyone doing any drives?  We are trying to find some fun destinations to drive to in the next few weeks.  Not really get out, but just scenic drives.  This looks like a fun list. https://localadventurer.com/great-american-road-trips/

We are watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on Spectrum on Demand. We’ve seen it several times and it holds our interest because it has an interesting plot. Interesting plots are in short supply in the today’s movie industry.

Sorry I missed the coffee date this AM! I hope  you do another one. Today is my first day of not working, which should not be that big of a deal. but everything I would normallyy br doing is shut down too-swimming pool, library, community centers, classes-- but event if they were open, I *shouldn't* be going there anyway.  I *should* be doing a lot of household things that I'v been procrastinating from, but UGH! I'll read a book. I did make it to the library just before it closed for the duration -- I wonder how long the duration will be. I'm already getting bored and it's only my first day of self-isolation.  

Ok I’ll plan on joining in tomorrow. My little part time job is at the YMCA and as of today they are closed till March 30    
I’m getting pretty comfortable with staying in. Reading. Watching Netflix not much of anything 

Hoping for warmer weather so at least a walk outside is doable 

Archived