Need Some Reassurance

Nancy B

Hi All,

I am four years out since surgery, no chemo or rad, and due to 3 weeks of headaches I had a brain scan this morning. Doesn't it seem like 4 years is too long to be getting brain mets now? I am hoping for a phantom sinus infection. Also, my husband just had a chest x-ray (routine physical) and they have found a spot on a lung and now he has to have a ct scan. Once again, hoping it is nothing, but I am sure glad you guys are here. Back to waiting for results. All of you are in my prayers daily.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Hi Nancy. My first cancer was melanoma which was diagnosed in 1989. Over the years since that diagnosis, I have had many spots, tests and trails which I was sure would lead to a discovery of metastasis of the melanoma. I have had many many false alarms. I hope this is one for you and for your husband. I have said some prayers for you. I will watch for news.

Hi Nancy,

You and your husband are in my prayers. Think positive that there are no mets and your headaches are just that, headaches from the worry of the tests. Your husbands scan will be alright and clean. God hears our prayers and answers them. His answer is, leave it in my hands and all will be okay. Just believe...

Blessings and gentle hugs for you,

Karen

Nancy I am praying for you. I am hoping and praying that the headaches are nothing more than tension or sinus infection. I am visualizing your scans and hoping that your doctor comes back telling you that you are empty headed.

Also sending out prayers for your husband that this spot is nothing serious.

I am so sorry you have all this stress and worry all at once.

I wish I knew the answer so you wouldn't have to wait. It is so hard waiting, I jsut found out when I was Dxed. It was so hard to get the strength to even get to the Dr. appointments from all the anxiety. My prayers are with both you and your husband and your entire family. I worry about my husband--he has a bad cold and I immediately worried that he, too, was very ill. I want everyone to be well--that I guess is for another life. I think the pain of others hurts more than our own.

Elaine