Next round of Chemo

TJM

Start my second round of Chemo tomorrow. Went in this morning for blood draw. Felt strange being out and the clinic I go to was on full lock down. I was in and out fast. Also got results fast.

Summary is my RBC are low (out of normal range but not far).

More interesting is my WBC is high. I have been having some difficulty urinating strongly and it has a distinct odor. Also have been having off and on back pain and occasional spikey low grade fever.  I always like to diagnose before my Doc (I know....that's bad but what the heck).

Anyway, I had a catheter in for about a week after surgery so my guess is a bladder infection. Any of you Vets out there have a bladder infection during Chemo? I'm not worried...actually I was concerned about my bladder function last couple of weeks so would welcome an infection  versus some alternative.

Stressing second round of Chemo a bit. First round not bad other than headaches and constipation. I am hoping a change in nausea medicine will help but expect each round to get a bit tougher.

Peace

Tom

How was chemo yesterday? I didn't have any bladder problems with chemo. I stuck with the tried and true classics - nausea, hair loss, bone pain. Kidding aside, let us know how it went. 'Stay safe.

Thanks for asking Susan.

Turns out I did have a bladder infection that they gave me antibiotics for. All ready feel better.

Chemo going well. One more round tomorrow but so far no major side effects. Did switch to Epto pills to reduce office visits. 9 horse size pills (I hate pills) but it makes sense.

So, so far so good. Also, so far staying ahead of the constipation much better than first cycle.  Headaches better as well. Pretty sure switching nausea med did the trick. Stress level good...I like not being in a COVID hotspot. Surprised since not that far from Seattle. I'm guessing that will change.

Peace

Tom

Archived