SBRT For Partial Remission Main Tumor

MyWifeSCLC

Has anyone received SBRT or other "pinpoint" radiation to their primary cancer after it had shrunk due to 1st-line chemo or chemoradiation treatment (NSCLC or SCLC). Where was the primary cancer? How small was it after chemo? How long after chemo and/or thoracic radiation was this done? Was there any follow up chemo?

Thx ... Steve

I have stage 4 nscl diagnosed January, 2019. It had metastasized to lymph nodes and some bone areas but no other major organs. I had SBRT radiation on my lung tumor because there had been a slight increase in size while on maintenance of Keytruda and Alimta (on maintenance since June, 2019). The last of my 3 radiation sessions was January 23 and I had a CAT scan March 18. The tumor size was 4.1 x 4.1 cm before the radiation and the last scan it was 2.1 x 1.9 cm. My radiation oncologist said there may still be more shrinkage since the scan was just shy of 2 months after the radiation. My oncologist is keeping me on my current maintenance until my next PET scan, which should be in 2-3 months.

Rose

Hi Rose ... so you didnt get SBRT soon after 1st-line treatment last year? It appears that recent growth in the tumor was the reason for SBRT on your tumor in Jan.

Was there any discussion by your radiologist to have SBRT to the main cancer within a few months of completing 1st-line treatment to possibly shrink it further?

Thx ... Steve

Archived