New

Tharosis

Hi my name is crystal and I’m am the caregiver for my mother who was diagnosed last April with sclc stage 2. She gave me this site to help me with some of the issues I’m facing because of what I do. While being a caregiver I battle with depression social anxiety panic attacks and apathy. I’ve been doing well but I’m definitely failing in some areas and maybe feel like I need to talk to some one besides my mother about what’s going on. She’s got enough to deal with with what’s going on now with Covid and I feel like I’m burdening her with my issues when she has so much on her plate. I found this site while looking for caregiver support. I look forward to hoping the community here and hope you guys can help and if your willing I would be glad to share my experiences with all of you. Thanks for listening and letting me join. 

Welcome, Crystal!  

Here is the caregiver resource guide that might be helpful for you: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/caregiver-resource-center

We also have a lot of information about COVID-19 to help you stay informed: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/covid-19-and-lung-cancer

Please post away, everyone is very supportive!

Hi Crystal and welcome. This site is a good place to share what's going on while you are caregiver for your mother. You can complain, rant, carry on, whatever you need to do. We all need to do that from time to time, whether we're cancer patients, survivors, or caregivers. We understand!  It's also a good place to ask questions. We're here for you.

Bridget O

Hi Crystal,

If it is support and HOPE that you are looking for, you have come to the right place. Welcome! I too was a caregiver for my mom during her lung cancer battles. I know it's not easy being strong for your mom despite your worry for her and having your own stuff going on.  I am happy that your mom has you to count on.  

Take Care,

Steff

Archived