husband getting weaker

My poor Bill is just getting weaker and weaker. His stomach is very swollen and he is growing small surface tumors all over his abdomen. He is so tired and I am scared. The doctor says it is just the disease progression. They will check on Monday to see if he is strong enough for more treatment. I do not think he can take anymore. I want to die first. I don't want to go through this. I want him to die peacefully and I want him to be in a coma and not know that I died so he does not have to suffer through it. I cannot do this.

Holly, I am so sorry that things have taken a bad turn. Maybe a rest from treatment is in order. Even just a week or two may give him more strength. I have no real answers, I wish I did. I have never actually heard of surface tumors, I hope that they are not painful.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to have your partner go through this. I know that when my dad was diagnosed, and through the diagnosis, the worst part, aside from watching him deteriorate, was the helplessness that I felt.

Please let us know how you both are doing, and if you need to 'talk' you can pm me, maybe we could link up on the 'chat' since it could be used at any time. Or if you feel there is someone else here that would better understand how it feels to be the spouce. The point is, we are here for you. I can only offer my prayers and support. I hope this is of some help, somehow. Please keep us updated as much as you can . Deb

Holly, so sorry Bill is not doing well. I know you are feeling not up to the task of seeing this through one way or another, but it is amazing how, with God's help, we can rise to the occasion. My wife and daughter doubted that I could muster the strength and desire to help my wife through the lung cancer, and they had good reason from my track record of running from illness. But I was able, with the Lord's help, to get the strength and energy to take care of her and be an advocate for her. I surprised everyone, including myself. We have more to give than we give ourselves credit for, I think. Hang in there. My prayers are with you. Don

Holly,

I just read your post and my heart goes out to you and Bill. I know as many others do how hard it is to take hold of the situation and to put your one foot in front of the other. I kept telling myself that it was such an honor to take care of my Buddy the best way I could. I cried a lot but I still carried on. I am still crying but I will get through it by the grace of God.

Carry on is what you must do for that is the great gift we give our loved one in these times. We must put our feeling on the shelf for now and do the best we can for our loved ones as they would have done for us.

If you need to talk, you can pm me anytime.

Dear Holly,

I can really relate to you. So far Earl is holding his own, but I worry constantly about what might come. But I know, as others have stated, that is so important for him and our children that I remain strong and loving and caring.

I know that Ada Waddell had surface tumors (she called them subcutaneous, spelling). Some were treated with surgery and others with chemo.

Hold tight Holly, you are needed.

Ginny