Prostatitis

Recently diagnosed with prostatitis, still early, running diagnostics. In the meantime have been spending time researching, so once given the full picture with all the tests/proceedures, will have options (beyond what the surgeons may give me). The one procedure I am really impressed with, 'REZUM', involves having a catheter positioned near and around prostate. Then 4 or more times shots of steam shot at different areas of prostate. The principle appears that it basically shrinks the prostate by destroying the extra growth area. Appears to be a new procedure, perhaps within last 5 years or so i consulted a cancer doctor. The testimonials are all positive and am convinced of its' ability to reduced the inflammation. I get a feeling it may not be done in my area, and would have to go a good distance to have this done. It's worth it to me, but want to get as much feedback as I can well in advance of the surgeons giving me suggestions in near future.

Amit,

I’m sorry but folks who post in the forum are focused on lung cancer, not prostate cancer. 

I do hope you get answers to your treatment questions from other sources.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived