Jena

Jena

Diagnosed 02/2020 with advanced terminal stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. Went to er for ongoing headache, was rushed into brain surgery. 3 surgeries and 3 days later was told that I have cancer. It had already spread to the brain liver  and kidney. I never ever had a thought of me with cancer. Released from the hospital after 5 days and was set up for gammaknife a few days later. And so my journey began...

Jena 

welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis and what you’ve going through.  My lung cancer was treated with surgery so there is not much I can tell you about some of the treatments you’ve mentioned, but others here have gone through these treatments and I’m sure you’ll be hearing from them soon.  

i wanted to welcome you and let you know you’re in my prayers. 
Lou

Jena,

Oh my, you've already been through a lot.

I've known a lot of folks who've had brain surgery to remove tumors (my daughter among them). I was surprised to learn there is little pain in recover and I do hope that applies to you. Gamaknife will be a piece of cake. Here is a primer on radiation therapy.

I had a form of precision radiation called CyberKnife and it was very effective for me. In fact, it likely saved my life. Like Gamaknife, it is a form of precision radiation delivering high doses to just the tumor and largely avoiding healthy tissue and organs. I do hope Gamaknife fries your tumors.

Questions: this is the place. Welcome here!

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Jena,

I hope you are recovering well from your surgeries and I am sorry to hear about your advanced stage cancer diagnosis.  I'm sure it's been a whirlwind since February and the fact that you are here tells me you are a fighter.  Luckily, lung cancer treatments have come a long way and most folks here are benefiting from those advancements, precision radiation being among them.  

Please know we are here to support you during this crazy and tough time.  We have several advanced stage warriors here who continue to LIVE their life.  We are all about supporting that here.  Please reach out when you need and take a look around.  When I am feeling discouraged about my mom's cancer journey, all of the stories of survival help lift me up to continue to support her.  I hope you find that here as well.

Take Care,

Steff

Hi Jena

I am glad that you have found this site. It is full of wonderful people who have, or are bearing some awful heavy loads. I have found a lot of comfort and tons of helpful information and hope here. I'm a newbie, with stage 4 lung cancer. And I am trying to provide as much information from my own experiences as I can, in the hope that maybe, I might pass something along that might help to someone else. 

Never give up

Jack

Welcome Jena. When I read through these stories of survival, I find a strength that might always possibly have been present but never acknowledged truly because of all the other detractions in life.  May you find this strength as well. We’re here to honor the transformation.  Love to you, Suzan

Hi Jena, 

Welcome to the club no one wants to join.   You've certainly been thrown into the deep end of the pool, like most of us who are diagnosed at Stage IV straight out the gate.  Remember that diagnosis is not prognosis.  I know it's terrifying to think about having cancer in the brain, however the irony here is with lung cancer it's not a predictor of a poor outcome.   There are many survivors out there who have had surgery and radiation who are years into their treatment.   

Science is on on our side since there have been more advances in lung cancer treatment in the last five years than in the last fifty.   There are lots of great people here with a variety of experience.  Let us know how we can support you, someone will jump in.    

Glad to have you here, 

Michelle 

Archived