New to the Forums, but not to LUNGevity!!

Lisa Haines

Hi,

My name is Lisa and I'm from a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts.  I'm a Stage IV NSCLC (Adeno) KRAS+ (12v) !    I actually joined this forum site back in 2017 but have never been very active here.      I am however, very active the LUNGevity Facebook Groups and I'm sure I likely know many of you if you also post in those groups.    I am also a LUNGevity Lifelife Support Member.   I am very thankful to currently be stable and doing well.  I just passed my 5th Cancerversary in March of 2020.   I have now been off treatment for over 3 1/2 years and was very lucky to have had an excellent response to Immunotherapy (Nivolumab).  You can read more about me and my cancer journey in my Bio.

Interestingly , I never knew much about the Forums and how active they are until this very topic came up last night in one of the ZOOM Meet-ups.   Thanks Tom, Michelle  and Kristin for sharing the link.    I'm been active in the Zoom Meet-ups since Katie first started them with the ILCSC 2020 Facebook Group.   

I will be looking forward to getting to know those who also post here!   Hope everyone is doing well, especially during these difficult times since Covid also entered our lives.  

Lisa

Lisa,

Welcome aboard again and great to meet you at the Zoom session. 

I'm sure your KRAS mutation treatment experience will be of value to our community.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Lisa, 

So nice to meet you!  The irony is when I first joined this Forum, I read your posts (Hubby is from Marblehead).  Life looked pretty bleak back then, I remember thinking if this lady can make it, maybe I can too.   Welcome Back!

Michelle 

Great to meet you too Michelle and thank you!      It has not always been easy, that's for sure -- but I know I'm very fortunate to be doing well and very, very thankful that my treatments were so effective for me, and hopefully will keep me stable for a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forums.  Nice to have you in the group.  While my LC was treated with surgery only, I always read people's experiences with different chemo treatments.  I guess in the back of my mind I want to know in case I suffer a recurrence and need to have some of that knowledge.  Anyway, glad you're doing so well and good to have you here.

Lou

Hi Lou,

Thank you! Yes, I feel very fortunate to be doing well and never felt scared about the fact that I was not a surgical candidate.  As long as I knew I had treatment options, that is what I focused on.   I am happy you are doing well and has successful surgery.   Hopefully, you will not have to worry about a recurrence, but, please know that IF that time very comes,  you will find there are many of us who never were surgical candidates and have done very well with other treatments.   

Take care and be well. 

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update you and let you all know that to make things "easier", I have changed my name here from "ThePurplePlace" which was a name I had from "older forums" to Lisa Haines, which is my real name and the name I use on Facebook and what I think most people know me as.

I think it will be easier for those who I know form here as well as Facebook and the other groups!!

Lisa 😀

Hi everyone,

I attended one zoom call a couple of weeks ago and would like to continue participating.  How do I get a link to join future calls?

Deb     I am also from suburbs of Chicago - Palos Heights.  It would be great to meet you on one of the Zoom chats.  I just attended my first one yesterday, which was in the afternoon due to the holiday.  I typically would do the 5:30 pm one.  They send you a sign up, then the link for the actual Zoom will be e-mailed to you.

I have my son and his kids visiting from Arizona - maybe??? for the next 2 weeks.  The boys come tomorrow- that will be no problem.  The rest of the family - my son and 3 more kids come next Saturday.  The ban will be in effect starting Monday, so don't know if they will have to cancel.  I am hoping not!  My son has been home to visit only one weekend in the last 4 years!

That said, I may not be Zooming until after their visit, but plan on being back.  It's great to put faces to names.

Deb W,

To sign up for the Friday Zoom Meet-Ups you can go HERE - https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/support-services/virtual-meetups-for-lung-cancer-patients-survivors-and

They are also generally posted in the LUNGevity Facebook group, if you are also a member of those -- this is a link to the main group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/lcaware

Hope to see you and the others again next Friday!

Lisa

Michelle -- Purple is also my favorite color and also the Awareness Ribbon Color for Fibromyalgia, which is the other chronic illness that I live with!    

Lin - It was great to see you too --- it's funny how we don't recognize each other when were are using older "forum names" !   The Zoom Meet Ups have also made it nice to put a face to the names!

Archived