Friday Zoom Meetup Sign Up

LUNGevityKristin

NEW LINK FOR ALL FRIDAY MEETUP SIGN UPS STARTING JULY 24TH

https://doodle.com/poll/zz933gpuuvcnu48y?fbclid=IwAR03TCfY-7L4h9TECJ_2TgQKlrJGSI0w9OlBBXW-jThUqudmB8Oynkl8FsE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!  We have been doing weekly Zoom meetings on Fridays and I want to make sure everyone who wants to join has the information.  There is a different link to sign up each week for either the 12:30 or 5:30 (central times) meetup.  You can do one or both.  I will post the link to sign up on Mondays for the following Friday.  

Here is the link to sign up for either time for the Friday, June 19th call:  https://doodle.com/poll/u8ypd8kisbi2k2rr

If you have any questions, just let me know.  Sometimes we just talk, sometimes we play games or have a guest speaker.  They are led by the LUNGevity support team so you will either see Katie Brown, Nikole or me - or sometimes all three of us!

I joined once last month (was not aware it was a weekly thing 😁) - Katie was awesome.  Michelle @Rower Michelle is too good at "guess what word is being described" game 🤣  Other than my "cancer mentor" in Chicago, that was the first time I talked to any lung cancer patients and it was very heartwarming as in "awww these are my peeps" kinda way.

MB

2 hours ago, MBinOregon said:

I joined once last month (was not aware it was a weekly thing 😁) - Katie was awesome.  Michelle @Rower Michelle is too good at "guess what word is being described" game 🤣  Other than my "cancer mentor" in Chicago, that was the first time I talked to any lung cancer patients and it was very heartwarming as in "awww these are my peeps" kinda way.

MB

It is weekly and there is a new sign up for each week to get the link for the Zoom.  We would love to see you back again on Friday!

I’ve been attending the Zoom meetings on Friday for the last few weeks.  While the lockdowns spurred the inspiration for this new form of afternoon coffee club, it’s a great way to connect with people who really understand the lives we live.   It gives me something to look forward to!!

I LOVE the Friday Zoom meetings and have been participating since they started awhile back.    I typically participate in both sessions and enjoy seeing the different people in the Lunchtime versus the Evening Group.  Today we had our "largest" mid-day event and it was fun to see new faces.  

When they initially started the Meet-ups it was for those who had registered and were planning to attend this year's ILCSC in DC.  Then as time went on it was postponed and later change to "Virtual",  they opened up the meetups to all the LUNGevity Groups.   I really enjoy them and like finally putting a face to the names I've known "online" for so long.   This was going to be my first year attending the Conference and I will be at the Virtual event and hope to travel to DC next Spring to meet everyone in person.    I feel like I have made more  new "friends" and have also learned a lot from those of you who are not "regulars" in the Facebook Groups.

Thanks for hosting tonight Tom -- it was nice to see some new faces once again.  I hope they will continue and encourage others to join in.  It was really nice to have them during "Covid" to learn more about  Covid and how it's affected our community.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next week!

Lisa

Yes, I have a reminder for myself to join in at the 5:30 pm meeting.  My brother is visiting that day from Colorado, but I think he should be gone by then.

Hope to see you!

I was on the Friday zoom meeting for 5 minutes and then it kicked me off. Said meeting is over. darn!  At least I got to see Rower Michelle. I’ll certainly try again. Please send me info for next week

Thanks

Lin,

It was my fault. I had trouble getting signed on as zoom host and to reconnect, I inadvertently ended the meeting. We eventually all got connected up. 

Tom

Hi everyone, here is the link to sign up for this week's Zoom Meetup! https://doodle.com/poll/vwd36hhg7fgew8k2?fbclid=IwAR0cErV2ccn9cxycyf5Lo6o2aBwa4WmHSnFklkHuyuculma-ZQeFAOKGrmw

Since it is a holiday weekend, there will be only one this week.  If you have any questions, just let me know!

On 6/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, LUNGevityKristin said:

Hi everyone, here is the link to sign up for this week's Zoom Meetup! https://doodle.com/poll/vwd36hhg7fgew8k2?fbclid=IwAR0cErV2ccn9cxycyf5Lo6o2aBwa4WmHSnFklkHuyuculma-ZQeFAOKGrmw

Since it is a holiday weekend, there will be only one this week.  If you have any questions, just let me know!

Just a reminder to sign up if you haven't yet and would like to join tomorrow!

Today's (7/10) zoom info for 12:30 CST is:

https://zoom.us/j/96596077402?pwd=R3NXdmJRTi91WmU5OStPYzBmRmovdz09

Meeting ID: 965 9607 7402

Password: 961826

Today's (7/10) Zoom meeting info for 5:30pm CST:
https://zoom.us/j/98137457405?pwd=NzZJTmR4OGdxZFF2VWNodnFDZXhGdz09

Meeting ID: 981 3745 7405

Password: 255138

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn’t able to attend the last 2 Zoom meetings since I had family visiting 

My time is now my own so — send me the link for July 24. Thanks!

To make things easier, you can now sign up for all of the Friday Zoom Meetups at once!

https://doodle.com/poll/zz933gpuuvcnu48y?fbclid=IwAR03TCfY-7L4h9TECJ_2TgQKlrJGSI0w9OlBBXW-jThUqudmB8Oynkl8FsE

I will edit the original post and still bump this thread up for new members and as a reminder.  If you are signed up to participate, you will receive an email with the Zoom link the day before the meetup.  If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

I'm just a bit confused about timing as I'm from the UK. I'd like to join the Zoom chat. Do you know what time it'd be UK time?

catlady,

New York City Eastern Daylight Time ( EDT) is 5 hours behind London Time or British Standard Time (BST). An easy way to remember this is the sun rises in the East and it rises in London before rising in NYC. So London activities will always be later in the day than NYC activities.

The Friday Zoom Conferences in British Standard Time (BST) are at 6:30PM and 11:30PM on Friday. The New York EDT time equivalent is 1:30PM and 6:30PM EDT.

Here is a good time conversion online resource for those that need it. 

Tom

Archived