Scanziety again...

Deb W

Hi everyone,

Well, it's time to see if the chemo is working.  I'm having the 8 week scan tomorrow at 9am.  If it is not working, I believe the plan will be to start Trabecta.  Any positive energy you can send my way will be greatly appreciated!  

Deb

Hi Deb,

I am hoping for wonderful results on your upcoming scan. Please let us know how it goes. I use deep slow breathing when I'm in the days waiting for the scan and also during the actual scan.  I breath slowly and deeply. I also count my inhales and exhales. A nice slow count of 3 on the inhale and 3 or 4 on the exhale can be  nice and calming. It gives you mind a job to do beside freaking you out which the mind tends to do..Yes, I am a yogi. LOL Good luck Kid!

Good news. After two treatments, the lymph node tumors(s) shrunk 25%.  The nodule on the left lung (very small) was reduced very slightly.  The pleura - I don't know if that can be measured but he's telling me it's very small amount and hard to measure.  The plan is to continue on the same triplet - Carbo, Alimta and Keytruda for 2 more treatments, and then drop the Carbo.  That is, of course, it the shrinkage continues.  Trabecta is still an option for me should the other treatment not work.  No whine, but wow, day 4 and 5 are rough for me after chemo - probably will need to cancel the family's planned social distancing 4th. 

Thanks to all for you thoughts, prayers and comments.

Deb 

Fabulous news Deb!  As others have said, dropping the carbo will help with reducing side effects.  I am sorry about the possible cancellation of the 4th of July festivities, but you still have so much to celebrate!  Happy dancing for you!!!

Take Care,

Steff

Deb,

So glad to hear that your LC is responding to treatment.  I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for you that it continues.  I'm looking forward to the day when you tell us you're NED...I'll be praying for that one.

Lou

Deb,

Very happy to hear that your scans went well, but hoping you might feel better today (the 4th), even if you can only get out for a bit of fresh air.   Luckily, here in MA, it's a gorgoeus sunny day and I'm thrilled to simply be outside on my deck.  

Although this Triplet was not an option when I was diagnosed, it is exactly what I would want if I were starting all over today.  I actually was first on Carbo and Alimta and it worked quite well for several months. (I also felt the worst on Day 3-4 after chemo, but then seemed to bounce back).     Over time I did eventually move on to "Immunotherpay" which by then had recently been FDA approved (2015) and I was put on Nivolumab (Opdivo), as my second line treatment.  I had amazing results and truly feel it was the immunotherapy that saved me.  I had my last Infusion of Opdivo back in August of 2016, and have remained stable and off treatment ever since, with Stage IV NSCLC Adeno (KRAS+).   In my case I did have to stop the Immunotherapy because of recurrent side effects, but was so lucky it had already worked so well and had me Stable.   We truly thought at that time I would need to find another treatment regimen, but I've been lucky and because I have been stable since, that has not been needed.  I continue to follow any news relative to KRAS, because that is the only mutation I have and one they are working hard to try and come up with new treatment options.  

PS:   I replied to your other post about the Zoom Meet ups, but just in case you come to this one first the link to sign up can be found on the main site -- HERE -- https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/support-services/virtual-meetups-for-lung-cancer-patients-survivors-and - typically you'll then get an email every week to sign up for whatever session your prefer.  Kristin also posts the link to the Doodle sign up each week in this link here the Forum - hope to see you next Friday! 

Happy 4th,

Lisa

Thanks so much.  I plan on attending the zoom meeting on Friday.  This is the 3rd treatment and  I'm still overwhelmed by the side effects hoping that somehow they will lessen.  But I took your advice, Lisa, and I'm sitting out on my balcony.  Actually, feeling like I might be able to eat something soon!  

Lisa, your story is so encouraging...thank you.  I am hoping the triplet continues to work, but I've gotta say that the thought of having yet another round of this seems almost impossible to bear.  However, I know that tomorrow will be better and by the time the 3 weeks are up, I'll be able to manage it.  So very happy for you that you are stable.  I'm also following info on the MET mutation.

Thanks for sharing your stories and words of encouragement.  I really appreciate it.

Deb

Archived