Laura42 Posted July 22, 2020 Share Posted July 22, 2020 Hi all, My dad's doctors found a large mass xraying his lung July 7th (he had been coughing for a few weeks, quit smoking 10 yrs ago). Today we now know from pulmonologist it's small cell (preliminary biopsy result). The tumor is 50 to 75 percent of his lung. PET scan scheduled for next week, oncologist hopefully soon after. My parents live in Rhode Island and I am in Tennessee. Trying to figure out air travel in a pandemic. I can't exactly fly back and forth all the time; my wife is a cancer survivor herself so we need to be cautious. Should I fly up right now before he starts chemo to spend quality time? Wait until he starts chemo to be moral support? Should I spend 1 week or 2? Will he still be here at Christmas? Of course none of you can answer these questions, but maybe you can provide guidance about what we can expect over the next month or so. Also please be frank about the odds of him getting much sicker very quickly and not getting better. It seems pretty dire. Thanks in advance. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.