Flushing 2 years after lobectomy

Jlm123

Has anyone experienced face ,neck  and chest ,flushing after lobectomy. I didn’t need any radiation chemo therapy.

Thank you

Ho Jim and welcome.

I had a lobectomy in November 2016. I've never experienced the flushing you describe. Are you taking any supplements containing niacin? It can cause flushing like that.

Best wishes,

Bridget O

Yeah, I've never heard of flushing related to lobectomy--certainly not three years later. 

I'd start with your primary care doc for something like this. Could be an allergy or something.

Thank you for responding , I have discussed my flushing with g.p., gastro, and endo dr. All kinds of bloodwork came back normal. I am having gastric issues along with the flushing ,especially face , neck and chest. At this point i believe some nerves got damaged during the lobectomy. I had hiccups for two weeks straight right after the surgery and started to be heat intolerant right after as well. I was hoping someone else might have had a similar experience. I have an appointment with an autonomic neurologist mid August.  Hopefully i can get some answers there.  Thank You

Good luck--check back in with us and let us know any new info. It might be helpful to someone else--I wasn't even thinking about nerve damage but I suppose that's a possibility. 

Archived