The End is Drawing Near

VM1234

The waiting is so gut wrenching. Mixed feelings. He's totally confused and not eating, guess that means he's ready to leave. He's ready. I'm ready for him. Others aren't ready.

So hard, so hard, as you all know.

I've been on the caregiver side twice. Once for my brother and the other my father.  It is not an easy thing to do but I feel that in both cases it was good for me both mentally and emotionally.  I was not there for my mother and regret it to this day.

Remember to take care of yourself.  And do not feel bad if one of your emotions is relief when it is over.

You are in my thoughts

Peace

Tom

I'm sorry to hear this. Is he getting hospice care?  It could be helpful to you as well as him. You're in my thoughts at this hard time.

Bridget O

I'm so sorry--I've been through this (long ago, with my mom) and it truly is an incredibly difficult experience. Regardless of how confused he is, I'm sure he senses your comforting presence. 

Who is able to support YOU through this? Are there family/friends you can talk to? 

Sending you a hug...

Thank you all for your kind words. My biggest support has been from my sister. She drives clear across town to keep me company days when I'm a nervous wreck being alone with him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived