Brain MRI

Lin wilki

I have had a right sided headache for over a week. Knowing one cancer warrior that also takes Kadcyla she found out she had brain Mets. Radiation took care of it but it sure got me thinking

Thanks also to the great people on Lungevity Zoom they told me they get a brain MRI yearly. So I requested one. Did it yesterday and onc just called. CLEAR!

So cT scan and follow up next week. Hope the good news continues!

Well that’s some good news!  Looks like there were a bunch of us in machines....did my brain MRI today with Valium on board. Yowza how do people function on this stuff???? 

So happy for you Linda- you go girl! 

Lin wilki,

That is the news we all like to hear around this place.  Congratulations on the scans.  Now go out and enjoy every day...

Lou

CT scan done. Onc was very pleased with results. Some tumors are dying. So new regimen for my HER2 - Kadcyla- is finally a treatment that is working

Onc did say I need another echocardiogram. I had one before I started Kadcyla. Again she didn’t mention - my report says Coronary Artery  Calcification Severe!  Has changed over time from mild to moderate and now severe.  Maybe I shouldn’t read those reports?  They sound horrible

I’m supposed to be celebrating my good scan so OK I’ll take it!

Awesome Lin!   Finally the good news you’ve been waiting for!   You know what to do, keep fighting.  
I stopped reading the CT reports about a year ago.  There’s definitely some scary language in there that Google only makes worse.  If the doc isn’t worried, I’m not gonna worry!  Carry on!  

Great news and, for your information, I've stopped reading my reports as I always see something that takes away from the joy I should be feeling over the good news.  I've often been told that my lungs are functioning much better in reality than my scans would have the doctors believe they would.  So, I take that and run with it.  You just keep moving forward.

Lou

• 2 weeks later...

So treatment was August 11 with good scans. I usually get a few days of fatigue the weekend after and then bounce back. This time, I cannot shake the fatigue!  I nap every afternoon for an hour at minimum. I would like to think that it’s caused by my body fighting my cancer!

I will certainly be mentioning this at my next appointment 

2 hours ago, Lin wilki said:

So treatment was August 11 with good scans. I usually get a few days of fatigue the weekend after and then bounce back. This time, I cannot shake the fatigue!  I nap every afternoon for an hour at minimum. I would like to think that it’s caused by my body fighting my cancer!

I will certainly be mentioning this at my next appointment 

After my first treatment with the triplet, I could not buy one hour of sleep for 2 or 3 days. I was so wired up from drinking boost and eating sweets I felt I could be combustible.  My oncologist gave me medication to help me eat. Since then I returned to consuming regular food, gained weight and was able to get a good night sleep. I feel I could also sleep during the day if I wanted to but that's my choice. 

Archived