Tens unit

Tbaker

Good morning

I wondering if any of you have used a tens unit? My husband has been trying to loosen up some really tight muscles. I have in my shoulder. 

I've heard that I shouldn't use one because of my cancer. 

I intend on using it but at a lower (setting) range and only for a few minutes

I have a couple of fractured ribs so the muscles surrounding them are very tight. My chiropractor used the tens machine always. I go every other week

I never heard you can’t use that if i you ou have cancer

I use it off and on for this chronic aching in my shoulder and arm. Never heard it was contraindicated in cancer? I mentioned it to my Onc once and she didn't indicate any concerns. I am exploring other avenues in regards to pain management. I have used heat and vibration, tens, muscle relaxants, and now Motrin, which I prefer over a narcotic because opioids lock me up. :(

PS The TENS unit I have works fairly well but it is limited. I need something else. Preferably eliminating the cause. I am researching pain management and have been learning some interesting things about it.

Like the use of a certain class of drugs that block the creation of memory. Like Versed....interesting process

Well I may have over used my tens unit or I didn't have enough lubrication on the pad? Trying to get up the nerve to try it again. 

I know that it helps to go easy and change the mode every now and then. It really pays to study the instructions and follow them to the letter. Like cleaning the skin of oils etc before applying the electrodes.I took a big hit when I turned it on once before I placed it. ZAP! dang that smarted lol

I am currently studying self hypnosis for managing this pain. I was able to stop it for a few minutes by imagining that it had ceased. At least I believe that is what did it.

Archived