Sabacat Posted August 31, 2020 Share Posted August 31, 2020 First of all, thank you so much to all for the well wishes! It's been a VERY long day, so here is the short version: Good news - the pleural effusion (drained a month ago) has not returned. The pericardial effusion has not gotten any better, but probably not any worse, either, so still holding off on the pericardial window surgery as long as I remain essentially asymptomatic from that. Mixed news - there has been a bit of progression and/OR different interpretation of new CT vs previous (different facility, different purpose, etc., so perfectly possible). I saw a reference to something in right lower lobe that "may" be something, a reference to a nodule in the left chest wall that I hadn't heard of before, and "persistent occlusion of subsegmental bronchi right upper lobe" that was news to me. OTOH, there was no comment on the potential thyroid or adrenal nodule, which I'm taking as a good thing. Molecular studies were back - no currently useful mutations. I do have KRAS, but it's G12V. However my oncologist says that having TP53 along with that makes it more likely that I will respond to immunotherapy (in addition to the PDL-1 40% result). We briefly considered a clinical trial that he is running with Opdivo, Yervoy and Taxol. It has been very encouraging, but in part due to the travel issue (would have to make the trip 2 weeks out of three) and the likelihood that the standard triplet will be effective, we decided to pass. Spending the night tonight so that we can start tomorrow - Carboplatin/Pemetrexed/Keytruda - so happy to finally be doing SOMETHING. Second round 9/21 and third round/first scan will be October 12. Praying for a quick and substantial response! Susan Tom Galli and jack14 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.