Monday results

Sabacat

Lisa, great to know you also have KRAS and have done so well for so long!  Keep it up!!! 😁😁😁

Babs, thanks for the names of your two meds - I'm definitely looking for a change!  Even   better would be avoiding the nausea next time - will keep everything crossed for that!!  And sorry to hear a about your hair. Still hanging on here, but being very gentle with it. 

Susan,

Oh my!   Hope you are feeling better now.  Yes if the side effects from the meds are worse than the ones you are trying to treat, that’s not good.  How’s everything else?  

I went in for my wrist and it is broken.  Dang!!  They put a cast on for 6 weeks.  They said maybe we would look at surgery in 10 days if it doesn’t heal correctly. I told them we could maybe talk about surgery after this course of treatment is over if need be.  Sucks!!  I have also taken away 1 whole arm of good IV and blood draw spots due to the cast.

Oh, no!!!  I am so sorry to hear about your arm!!! 

Husband is driving me nuts - he says I have a bad attittude because I am unhappy about the compazine thing (MOSTLY that my heart rate is STILL very elevated) and am annoyed that doctor hasn't called me.  He constantly thinks I'm worrying about stuff unnecessarily (especially everything surrounding the pericardial effusion -- "There's nothing wrong with your heart!"   Yes, and I'm trying to KEEP it that way!!!  And since my resting heart rate is normally in the 60s, yes, I'm concerned when it;s 85-100 and I think my doctor ought to be, too. Oh, well -- figures this wasn't all going to go smoothly.  He is way too trusting of doctors, and way too difficult to live with when he disagrees.  

Susan, I agree with Lisa. Compazine doesn't work for me. Zofran (Onadesteron) sublingual worked best. I also recommend a port.

My hair also fell out after chemo (carbo/taxol) and is taking its sweet time coming back 8 months later. 

Hope you are feeling better soon. 

Thanks, Judy!   Zofran is what they sent last night (of course, I haven't needed it since then) and I'm nearly positive that's also what they gave me at the infusion center and there was no problem then.   Maybe we won't see till the next round.  The compazine was a total nightmare.    Sorry about your hair, too.  I'm wondering if it is the Taxol, as some others on my cocktail haven't lost any large amounts yet.  

3 hours ago, Sabacat said:

Yes, and I'm trying to KEEP it that way!!!  And since my resting heart rate is normally in the 60s, yes, I'm concerned when it;s 85-100 and I think my doctor ought to be, too. Oh, well -- figures this wasn't all going to go smoothly.  He is way too trusting of doctors, and way too difficult to live with when he disagrees.  

Lucky you :-)  My resting heart rate is normally 73. Since I began treatment it jumped to 100 to 117. It is at 117 as we speak. I went to the heart doctor and he prescribed Metropolol twice a day but it is not helping. Of course the heart doctor wants to run all kinds of tests which I had previously so I decided to accept it and live with it for now. My blood pressure is very good and my oxygen level has improved from 94 to 98. If I am lucky enough to get back on the tennis court I will see how my heart reacts. Now that you know you are not alone, maybe you can ignore it as well unless you don't feel comfortable.

BTW my cancer team does not seem to worry about it.

I hope you find out the reason sooner than later.

Thanks so much for posting this, Gary!  The Onc’s NP just basically told me the chemo is damaging my body and that’s one of the ways - although hopefully I’ll recover at some point ☹️  I know it’s strong and hard on us but I guess I didn’t expect that immediate a reaction.  Maybe subconsciously I thought I was immune because I was in good shape to start with. 

It looks like we have few things in common. I was very healthy and fit as well. I exercised a lot, ate healthy and went to bed early. Yet I end up with lung cancer  and all the goodies that come with it. Together we should be more determined than ever to beat it and come on the other side where we belong. No other choice.

Hi Sabacat,

I've been following your threads, but hadn't really submitted anything because I have no experience with chemo.  But, I wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear the rough time you're experiencing with the treatment.  While I don't have experience it would seem that your doctor should be able to come up with alternatives to reduce some of the side-effects you have.  Please let us know how that goes.

Lou

Archived