Not a bad scan day

Tom Galli

I had my 10:30 am CT chest and abdomen with contrast. It was a good day. My oncologist’s nurse told folks to do labs in concert with my IV install and the nurse got my IV on the first stick with minimum drama. Tomorrow is results revealed. 

I recall a time when CT scans were actually film and one needed to wait up to 2 weeks just for developing. I’ll know the results tomorrow at my oncology consultation. A one day cycle time; how about that!

My oncologist is nearing retirement. He’s not accepting new patients and is down to a 3 day clinical schedule. So if I have a NED scan, we’ll likely spend most of the session trying to decide who might be my next doctor. 

Can you imagine having to review 16 years of treatment history. It is daunting task. Of course my CT scan technician’s daughter was 2 when I was diagnosed. Tomorrow she starts college!

I might not sleep tonight as I contemplate the probable and improbable. One never knows with lung cancer. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Rooting for you, Tom!! Glad the blood draw/contrast went well--I'm right there with ya on that. I feel like celebrating every time they get my vein on the first try.

Thinking of you today!  Has to be an uncomfortable thought to have to change docs after 16 successful years with the same one.  Will be watching for your “still NED” post later today! 
Susan

Tom,

Wish I had seen this yesterday, but now I'm reading "backwards" - and at least I know what the great outcome was! :-) 

You always seem SO strong and calm; helping so many of us with sound, intelligent, scientific advice and info.  I think we forget that you know all about Scanziety and that you, too, experience the same feelings we all share here!

I have a question, if you don't mind - You stated your CT was with contrast. My CT's have always been without contrast. Do you know what the reasons are for choosing one over the other?  (I shouldn't bother you with this; I can look it up as well...!)

2 minutes ago, ColleenRae said:

I have a question, if you don't mind - You stated your CT was with contrast. My CT's have always been without contrast. Do you know what the reasons are for choosing one over the other?  (I shouldn't bother you with this; I can look it up as well...!)

FWIW, mine have always been both with and without contrast--they do the first part without contrast and then inject the contrast and do another set of images. I know some people have reactions to contrast and I think there are some medical reasons for avoiding it.

Thank you LexieCat.  I will try to ask why mine are non-contrast only in the future.  I have had one CT with contrast - that was following a colonoscopy and not related to LC.

T]

Mine have always been with and without contrast as well.  As I recall a tech telling me, one reads the soft tissue better no sure which one though.

Archived