Little Off Topic, but a great weekend!

Remembering Dave

Hi, this is Karen. We just got home from a weekend in Northern Va., our adoption agency had a "reunion" and several families we traveled to China with were there, so we went up and made a weekend of it even though we only live two hours from there. We had planned on just going up for the day today but when several other out of town families said they were coming we decided to go on Saturday. We have kept in close touch with several of these families and honestly they feel like part of our family now. Anyway, our guide from China was there, along with about 700 people (no lie) and it was just overwhelming for him and the other guide, a young girl named Amy. When they asked her to speak she just cried, she was so overwhelmed by it all. A good overwhelmed. There was so much love in the room.

But it was just wonderful to be with these people again, and more importantly, it was just wonderful that Dave was able to be there and hang with the gang the whole weekend. We did have to spend a little more time in our room for him to rest than everyone else did, but that's no big deal.

I told several people and I truly believe it, that Faith may have saved Dave's life. He loves her so much, and I think he had the fight to beat this cancer in him so strong because he desperately wanted to live and be healthy for her. So getting together with our beloved travel family was a real celebration of life for us.

Maybe Dave can put a photo up on his Avatar of Faith and a bunch of her buddies. There is nothing cuter than a group of Chinese two year old girls sitting on a couch!

God Bless,

Karen C.

Hi, Karen. I enjoyed reading your post and can imagine how cute that picture must be!

I have a 4 year old and a 5 month old and my father loves them dearly. My oldest, Emily, is absolutely his heart. She calls him "Big Daddy" and he is so willing to do anything to see them grow up. He says that he wants to be around to keep Emily grounded when she's a teenager! :shock:

Cheri

Dear Karen, Dave and Faith,

I am so glad you all had such a wonderful time. It sounded totally wonderful!!! SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL!! I could feel the smile on your face when I read your message. I have NO doubt that Faith has a LOT to do with David's remission. My Grandkids do the same for me! Although, I have to say, my hubby and daughter do too! :)

Thank you so much for shairng your heartwarming story. It's so nice to hear wonderful stories as well. THANK YOU!

Karen,

Thank you for posting about your weekend -- I'm so glad you all got to go and enjoy this special time with those who mean so much to you. I can hardly wait to see pictures. And yes, I think you're right that Faith was a big part of helping to save David's life! He wouldn't dare leave her!!!

Love,

BeckyCW

I am so very happy you three can start to live a normal life. God works many miracles and I sure hope dave is one of them. YOu both are terrific people and I am so happy to have met you on here. I love seeing what the three of you are doing together. It makes me smile and look back on when our son was just a small lad and the great times we had with him. Oh, how time does fly. Enjoy each day....

Karen,

Sounds like you all had a really great time. Thank God for each day and thank God for Faith. She is God's special gift to you and Dave. May you always be blessed... It is a real pleasure to know your beautiful family, Becky too. Even if it is only by computer. I feel as if I know many people here. Everyone is special...

Prayers and gentle hugs...

Karen