Hi! I'm Heather from Denver, CO

Heather_LLwLC

Hi there!

I'm Heather and I was diagnosed with Stage IV ALK+ lung cancer at 34 (4 whole years ago!) and after disease progression in 2019, I came away from that experience with a fire to advocate for lung cancer research, to change the face of what it looks like to be a lung cancer patient and to generate discussion about a healthy way to bridging the gap between Western medicine and body, mind + soul wellness. Since then, I started a blog Living Lives with Lung Cancer to foster a space for these conversations with my fellow patients.

It's been totally life changing for me to take the things I learned (and I was slow on the pickup) and to share them with anyone and everyone who will sit still.  I truly believe that as a cancer patient, you should be invited into your own healing and health journey and that you should continue to grow and evolve and live your life to the fullest as your true authentic self. Body, mind and soul!

Looking forward to learning and talking to you all!

Hi Heather,

A fellow ALKie here, diagnosed in 2018.  Your newsletter sounds right up my alley, I was very fortunate to have an Integrative Oncologist who helped me to understand the importance of mind-body medicine.  I affectionately refer to it as “the Hippie Protocol”.  
In this forum you will find many like minded survivors.  Glad to have you here. 
Michelle

Hi Heather: It nice to meet you and welcome to our place. It is always a pleasure to converse with people that have a mission they believe in.  I truly respect and appreciate  what you do. I for one am ready, able and willing to learn and I promise to stand still and pay attention.

GaryG

Hi Heather! My husband Adam and I live in Estes Park. He was just diagnosed last week and we are still in the early stages of determining his full diagnosis. What we know is that it is Stage IV NSCLC Adenocarcinoma. We had our first oncology appointment on Tuesday and it was promising. Honestly the most hopeful I've felt since our world flipped upside down a few weeks ago. More tests coming up and then hopefully we'll have our treatment plan in place very soon. Appreciate your resources, we will check them out!

On 9/11/2020 at 10:45 AM, Rower Michelle said:

Hi Heather,

A fellow ALKie here, diagnosed in 2018.  Your newsletter sounds right up my alley, I was very fortunate to have an Integrative Oncologist who helped me to understand the importance of mind-body medicine.  I affectionately refer to it as “the Hippie Protocol”.  
In this forum you will find many like minded survivors.  Glad to have you here. 
Michelle

Oh I love this!  I think mine would be the "yogi protocol"!  Thanks for the warm welcome!

On 9/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, Suzanna said:

Hi Heather! My husband Adam and I live in Estes Park. He was just diagnosed last week and we are still in the early stages of determining his full diagnosis. What we know is that it is Stage IV NSCLC Adenocarcinoma. We had our first oncology appointment on Tuesday and it was promising. Honestly the most hopeful I've felt since our world flipped upside down a few weeks ago. More tests coming up and then hopefully we'll have our treatment plan in place very soon. Appreciate your resources, we will check them out!

Hey! Estes Park! We are in Denver (but in the weird leg that is mostly surrounded by Lakewood + Littleton!)  I'm glad that the appointment was promising and I'll be sending lots of healing vibes your way!

On 9/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, Sheryl E said:

I’m very interested in your story and blog.  Thank you Heather.

Hi there!  Thanks for your interest! I can't wait to get to know more about you and your story!

On 9/11/2020 at 11:24 AM, GaryG said:

Hi Heather: It nice to meet you and welcome to our place. It is always a pleasure to converse with people that have a mission they believe in.  I truly respect and appreciate  what you do. I for one am ready, able and willing to learn and I promise to stand still and pay attention.

GaryG

This made me chuckle!  Thanks for your warm welcome!  

Archived