I’m new and looking for help

Daria

I’m becoming unhinged and I don’t  know what to do.  I’m taking prescribed Xanax but it’s not helping.  I am not sleeping and I’m constantly crying.  I am recovering from lobectomy two weeks ago and I’m still in pain.  My whole life is upside down. I’m scared. 

I posted previously but possibly incorrectly.  I have stage 1 nsclc (left) with ground glass opacity in my right lung.  I’m a 53 yr old formet smoker. Right lung will be monitored via CAT scan.  Wondering if anyone has more info on GGO?

Hi Daria: I am so sorry to know about your anxiety and pain. There is no reason for you to live with either one of them. You need to call your doctor and explain what you are feeling. Your doctor has the obligation and duty to help you.  

Hi Daria, I also replied to your other thread about stage 1a. 🙂

As Gary says, ask your doctor - there are normal pains and not-normal pains so you want to make sure. If you have been prescribed pain meds, take them - even if it's just tylenol.

I had an upper left lobectomy in mid-July and I had pain for almost 6 weeks after. Mostly in the wounds where the chest tubes were. After the first couple weeks, it was mostly just when I moved or tried to get up from a reclining position. I couldn't get out of bed without excruciating pain. I ended up buying a Barcalounger to sleep and nap in so I could just push the button and be upright, and that made a HUGE difference! I can now get in and out of bed normally, and bend, twist, move, etc without pain. So there is hope!

I cried a lot too. It's a big surgery and the whole process can affect the emotions. For me it was feeling like I had no control - so I did things that gave me a sense of control and comfort. It can help to do some kind of meditation or relaxation process, or even just watch silly inconsequential movies or TV to give your mind a break. Even so, there were times that I would just start crying. There still are, although not as much and my dog won't let me go too far down that path!

It does get better!

Thank you so much for the feedback - I sincerely appreciate it.  I wouldn’t want anyone to go through this l but it helps to hear from others that have.  

Archived