Can anyone make sense of this?

G.A.M.

I received a CT scan on August 24, 2020. The Oncologist disagreed that two lymph nodes were enlarged. (He said he just didn't see it). End of chemo.

I had a PET scan where, on exit, the radiologist and technician wished me "good luck." 

I called a week later to get the results and was told there was no metastasis to the bones. Great, I think. I'm in remission at the very least. Then I get a call from the oncologist's office to go get another CT scan this morning, a week before I visit the Oncologist again.

It's the waiting that's most annoying and I wonder to myself why on earth I need another CT scan if the PET scan was negative. Does that seem normal to you?

Best,

Glenn

My impression is that oncologists want to see the latest CT before every visit. Your last one was almost a month ago. I'm not sure it "means" anything other than wanting the latest.

Glenn: Your oncologist wanting to see a CT scan is normal and it shows that he has your best interest in mind.  My oncologist looks at a new CT scan every 3 weeks. He also told me that he prefers CT scans to PT scans in order to monitor my progress.

Sorry I messed up the replay.

Glenn

Glen: When the  the anxiety takes over, do like I do. Come here and talk about it. It helps me a lot to be reassured by experienced  survivors. 

Glenn,

This disease really does take a toll on us in more ways than just the physical.  The most likely explanation is the one Lexie and others have mentioned;  They want the most updated CT Scan possible.

Hang in there buddy, you've got this.

Lou

• 1 month later...

Archived