Can anyone make sense of this?

G.A.M.

I received a CT scan on August 24, 2020. The Oncologist disagreed that two lymph nodes were enlarged. (He said he just didn't see it). End of chemo.

I had a PET scan where, on exit, the radiologist and technician wished me "good luck." 

I called a week later to get the results and was told there was no metastasis to the bones. Great, I think. I'm in remission at the very least. Then I get a call from the oncologist's office to go get another CT scan this morning, a week before I visit the Oncologist again.

It's the waiting that's most annoying and I wonder to myself why on earth I need another CT scan if the PET scan was negative. Does that seem normal to you?

Best,

Glenn

Glenn: Your oncologist wanting to see a CT scan is normal and it shows that he has your best interest in mind.  My oncologist looks at a new CT scan every 3 weeks. He also told me that he prefers CT scans to PT scans in order to monitor my progress.

Glenn,

This disease really does take a toll on us in more ways than just the physical.  The most likely explanation is the one Lexie and others have mentioned;  They want the most updated CT Scan possible.

Hang in there buddy, you've got this.

Lou

• 1 month later...