Back home😁

Tbaker

Well I was in the hospital 8 days this time my tumor had be come inflamed, pushing on my ribs.. got that controlled, palliative care kind of dropped the ball (it happens) while I was there I was started radiation.  I've have 3 maybe more. 

I also went to the UofM this week for another opinion.  

He said, my doctor is doing what he would do as well.  

Tbaker,

I'm so sorry to learn of your hospitalization. Is the plan to blast the tumor with precision radiation? From the duration, it sounds like you are having a form of precision radiation (i.e. SBRT). Is that so?

At least the second opinion validates your treatment path.

Stay the course.

Tom

8 hours ago, Tbaker said:

Well I was in the hospital 8 days this time my tumor had be come inflamed, pushing on my ribs.. got that controlled, palliative care kind of dropped the ball (it happens) while I was there I was started radiation.  I've have 3 maybe more. 

I also went to the UofM this week for another opinion.  

He said, my doctor is doing what he would do as well.  

At least they have got you back on the path. Hang in there, and like Tom always says, "Stay the Course".   The rads will likely obliterate that damn thng too!

On 9/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, Tom Galli said:

Tbaker,

I'm so sorry to learn of your hospitalization. Is the plan to blast the tumor with precision radiation? From the duration, it sounds like you are having a form of precision radiation (i.e. SBRT). Is that so?

At least the second opinion validates your treatment path.

Stay the course.

Tom

I will be finding out this week when I see radiation doctor. Have my list of questions ready. I'm trying my hardest to remain positive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes precision radiation. 10 rounds. 20 minutes of laying on that board felt like a lifetime. The doctor said it will can take 2 weeks before I notice any difference in the pain and up to 8 weeks for I notice the full effect. 

Tbaker:  Congratulations !  It took a long time but you went through it. Hopefully recuperation takes less of what the doctor said without pain. Wish you great results and happier time. 

Archived