Triplet second scan

GaryG

Great news today.  I had my second scan today after 4 infusions and the results were better than expected. The oncologist informed me that my cancer shrank by at least 80%. I am so glad and relieved because I consider this scan to be very important. I am now off Carboplatin and on Keytruda and Altima as a maintenance regimen.  I asked my oncologist if I am a candidate for radiotherapy. His answer was the infusion is doing the job and he will make that decision after my 3rd scan. I also asked on the reported new nodes from the first scan and his answer was they are not new. They were uncovered due to the shrinking of the tumor. Unfortunately I still don't have the radiology report and I will post the results if they are worth posting.

As a side note I was told they stop Carboplatin after 4 infusions because it stops working.

To all new patient please remember there is always hope so never give up. 

That is amazing news Gary!!  So happy to hear that. I only hope my scan on the 20th shows like results!  I’m just coming off hell week again with the side effects from the 3rd treatment. You give me renewed hope.  Celebrate!! 🎉🍾

Babs

Awesome, Gary! I always look forward to your posts--you ask great questions at your visits and it's helpful that you tell us about what you learned.

16 hours ago, Babs said:

That is amazing news Gary!!  So happy to hear that. I only hope my scan on the 20th shows like results!  I’m just coming off hell week again with the side effects from the 3rd treatment. You give me renewed hope.  Celebrate!! 🎉🍾

Babs

Babs: I am so sorry you are having such a bad time . My  cancer was described as " extensive tumor in the right lung " to a point where the oncologist could not see or understand what's behind it, underneath it or beside it. If there is hope for me there must be hope for you too. I strongly believe that they found a good treatment for our situation with the triplet. It is hard for sure but hang in there and good things will happen. Praying for even better results than mine on the 20th.

Such great news, Gary!  I'm so happy for you.

I'm just a little ahead of you with the same treatment plan.

I wasn't aware that carboplatin stopped working after 4 treatments.  

Deb

28 minutes ago, Deb W said:

Such great news, Gary!  I'm so happy for you.

I'm just a little ahead of you with the same treatment plan.

I wasn't aware that carboplatin stopped working after 4 treatments.  

Deb

Thanks Deb. You are the leader. Yes the Carboplatin answer was a surprise. Also in response to a question about nodes, he said that he ignores nodes less than one centimeter. I should have asked if that was true just during this type of treatment, the cycle or forever. 

Archived