Repeat Brain MRI - Scanxiety

Sabacat

At the time of my mild stroke 3 weeks ago my brain MRI showed some signs of “possible” metastases.  I was told that it’s very difficult to read after a stroke because the contrast material ‘leaks’ and leaves somewhat murky images behind, so I’d need to have another in 3-4 weeks.  Since I’m scheduled for visit with onc and my next round of chemo on Monday, they’ve scheduled me for the repeat on Sunday evening - hopefully will get results at appt on Monday morning.  Clean MRI at end of July and chemo started Sept 1, so hoping that mets to brain did not occur in the intervening 30 days but the possibility exists.  Would appreciate any positive vibes for a clean scan!

Thanks!

Susan

Looks like maybe those thoughts and prayers worked!  I haven't seen the actual report yet (available on MyChart after 72 hours), but  when we saw the Fellow (always see one of them before my Oncologist comes in), he showed us the images and said the radiologist thought that the stroke damage was healing and that the spots on the other side do not look like mets.  My doc was a little more reserved and said that he'd have it reviewed by tumor board this morning.  He doesn't have clinic hours today, so I don't know when I'll hear about the review but it seems like good news so far!  

1 hour ago, Sabacat said:

Looks like maybe those thoughts and prayers worked!  I haven't seen the actual report yet (available on MyChart after 72 hours), but  when we saw the Fellow (always see one of them before my Oncologist comes in), he showed us the images and said the radiologist thought that the stroke damage was healing and that the spots on the other side do not look like mets.  My doc was a little more reserved and said that he'd have it reviewed by tumor board this morning.  He doesn't have clinic hours today, so I don't know when I'll hear about the review but it seems like good news so far!  

Sounds like good news to me!   Very happy for you and wishing you the very best!!!   We love hearing about great scans!

Lisa

Good news indeed. Good scans are always welcome and hopefully continued success from here on. In My cancer center the tumor board meets on Wednesdays so you might ask about yours. Again I am very happy for you.

I couldn't be more thrilled to hear this Sabacat.  I'll keep all good thoughts going until you get a final confirmation but it sure sounds good to me.  

Lou

Archived