CT today

Joe B

I just arrived back at work from my CT appointment in Ann Arbor today... This is the first test I've had since a PET SCAN in early november, 03 (4 weeks after surgery). At that time the PET SCAN indicated a "very small focal uptake with an SUV of 2.6" that could have represented 1) a positive lymph node in the chest, OR 2) left over inflammation from surgery (false positive). Nothing else registered on the PET.

Since that time I have had 28 radiation treatments and 5 rounds of chemo.....I completed everything last Monday (2/16)

I am praying for No Evidence of Disease... I meet with the doctor next Wednesday (3/3).. I will report back when I find out the result....

You have more patience than I, my friend......when I have a Monday morning CT Scan and an appt on Wednesday -- my oncology nurse usually gets a call from me Monday afternoon for the results.......I am too anxious/impatient to wait 2 days!!!! :roll:

I will be thinking positive thoughts and praying that you hear the beautiful words "NED"!!!!!!!!!

Heather

8 DAYS?????????????

If I had to wait 8 days to find out, it wouldn't matter WHAT the results were -- I would already have dropped dead from a anxiety-induced heart attack.....

Just teasing -- just keep doing what you have been doing and I'm sure everything will be just fine!

Dear Joe,

God is watching over you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers, and I will look for your GOOD NEWS MESSAGE in the GOOD NEWS FORUM.

8 Days, but who's counting????? :roll::roll: Wait, wait and WAIT some more! All I can say to that is, We're getting good at waiting! I use to say: "God's way of teaching us patience is by putting us in the LONGEST line in the grocery store" I think I might have to make some changes in my saying. :wink:

God Bless and Stay Strong!

When I have tests/scans I obtain copies of the reports within a few days of the test or scan, before I meet with the ordering physician. This allows me time to come up with specific questions regarding treatment options, or to ask about what some of the more unusual results really means for me. I just wondered if others did this as well. I have to pay for the copies of the actual films, as well as copies of the reports, but it's worth it to me to know what I'm up against so that the time I spend with the doctor is focused on what to do next instead of me sitting there shell shocked by the latest news. I've had to deal with most of this alone, so that was part of the reasoning behind finding out the results and dealing with it on an emotional level before I meet with the physician. That and I just plain don't handle the waiting very well. :wink:

Ray --

Beth EXPECTS the call.....I think she waits for it :wink:

In fact, after this past appointment, they decided that the two day span between the CT Scan and the appt was too long and we have the next one scheduled with only a ONE DAY wait.....and you and I both know I am STILL gonna make that call 4 hours after the scan!!!!!

I just received a voice mail from the nurse at my Oncologists office.... He (my Onc) looked at the CT film,

She reported that everything is "fine" .. that there are some changes in the lung due to Radiation treament, but they expect that to be the case... aside from that they said everything looks alright.

I will get the full report when I meet with him next Wednesday... Joe