Imfinzi/ Durvalumab Updates?

SteveD

Where do they find these names!

Perhabs I did not dig deep enough into the 2018 posts but, I would be keenly interested in any treatment updates with this immunotherapy regimen.

I completed chemo and concurrent radiation therapy last week and I'm hitting a new depth of side effects now. That said, I hope to regain some energy before my next treatment protocol scheduled for Dec 3. Once again, talking with the doctor about the possible side effects of immunotherapy can only be offset by the potential benefits. In many respects, I am fortunate to have doctors willing to spend the time with me and explain all the things that could go wrong during the treatment. It's funny when you think about it...no one ever tried to sell a used car this way!

I do know there was considerable excitement about this drug when it first came out. I would be happy to hear some encouraging stories from people here.

Please excuse the duplication. When I tried to post this I got an error message, over and over again until I came back and saw the duplicates.

Then, when I tried to delete the dupes, I got another copy!

Hi Steve. Imfinzi was a breeze for me. Only side effects were fatigue that would knock me down without warning. Only lasted for a few days at most. Just listen to what your body is saying and go with it. Minor side effects were a rash on my eyelid and weird skin sensations. Weight gain is a side effect-eat healthy. Going for a PET tomorrow which is 6 months after completion. Nervous but curious to see if still a dead bunch of scar tissue. 
best wishes to you. Ask any questions you need to. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

I have a CT or PET scan due for Dec 1st to see how the Radiation and Chemo went. Then the doctors want me to start the Imfinzi every three weeks.

I am not looking forward to more fatigue and hair loss, but the results sound life-extending. I guess there is still an argument going on in my brain and body where I want to regain my physical strength and grow my beard back.

The fatigue was not every da. Maybe the day after and the following. My hair grew back while on Imfinzi. My PET results showed no cancer anywhere so I’m grateful I had the option.  Happy thanksgiving 

I just had my second Imfinzi infusion today. I had a month break after my last chemo before starting Imfinzi, which was very helpful to get my body back to feeling "normal". On the first infusion I had some nausea that night and the next morning but nothing horrible.  Was tired the first and 2nd day but after that energy levels came back. My biggest issue was swelling in the feet, they did check for a dvt but it was ok.  Did order compression socks and began using 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water or juice each night.  It took about a week for the swelling to subside.  I have continued the ACV every night and tonight after the infusion no swelling so far. Go into it with an open mind.  I am finding compared to the radiation and chemo this so far is manageable.  Best of luck to you.

Iggy, 

It sounds like you and I are on similar paths. I just had a month long break from radiation and chemo and tomorrow I will learn about the changes via the CT/PET scan results.

Unlike you, I have developed rather severe shortness of breath and some pain at the radiation site. I can only hope that a lack of exercise is a factor and I may regain some energy when I resume a more active regimen.

My first Imfinzi treatment was Thursday after getting a good result from the CT/PET scan on Tuesday which showed no unusual activity.

It was very cool in the treatment area as the maintenance crew worked on the heat. The infusion took a lot longer than expected, so when I got homeand started getting chills I thought that must be the reason. Wrong. My temperature went up gradually to 100.5 F before I climbed into bed. My head was pounding later as I woke up with sinus, eye and neck pain. About 4am I took a tylenol and again at around 8am, then. My temp had come down. I'm not sure how to asses this since my temerature tonight is again on the rise. 

I'll just have to hang in there and see if I can tolerate this treatment that they say must last a year.

Archived