Still on disability?

Jennedy

I went on short term disability from work shortly after being diagnosed with radiation pneumonitis. The initial estimate was 6 wks. There was some biweekly follow up and they changed it to 4 wks with a possibility of 2 more. I was notified that I got a 5th week. I didn't fight for the 6th. I went back to work 11/2. I received a text from Cigna on 11/2 basically saying, you're supposed to be at work did you go? I replied yes. Went into my HR site and verified my return to work.

Imagine my surprise today when I received a text saying I had been approved through March 26, 2021!  Of course, their concern was payment. Sorry, that's between you and my employer. I went back to work. 

I guess when I do file for LTD it shouldn't be an issue. Or is this the sign of things to come?

Happy Friday the 13th!

Jenny

Classic!   LTD will likely require you to file for SSD.  Other than the mountain of paperwork, LTD has generally had a lower hassle factor than health insurance.  Doesn’t hurt to have a very sharky attorney fill out all the paperwork.  They know all all the buzz words! 

Archived