A light at the end of the COVID Tunnel

Rower Michelle

Hey Gang,

Got a call from my nurse this morning indicating the cancer center is drafting a system wide email to be imminently disseminated  via MyChart regarding the COVID vaccine distribution schedule!!!  

She didn’t have any specifics and was making calls to people to advise them to keep a keen eye on the MyChart communications.  

She asked me what I needed from my oncologist to resume life after vaccination, I said how about a few weeks of COVID rehab/PT to conquer the couch potato syndrome.....

Hang tight, we’re almost through this.... I hope.....

Michelle

Wow, it’s becoming more real!  ☀️🤞☀️🤞☀️

I had sent a message to my Mom’s geriatrician about getting her lined up for the vaccine (she’s 91). Got a reply from a nurse that they didn’t keep a list since they don’t give any injections in the office. What?!?!????  😳  

Will 2020 actually end with some good news? Seems fitting doesn't it?

May your upcoming "jab" be not to painful!

Tom

Susan: These types of vaccines are difficult to store and keep cold. I doubt small outfits are equipped to handle them. I often wondered if the cancer center will treat own patients

That’s true, but her doc is affiliated with Christ Hospital in Cincinnati.  What really shocked we was her saying that they don’t give ANY injections of any kind in the office.

32 minutes ago, Sabacat said:

That’s true, but her doc is affiliated with Christ Hospital in Cincinnati.  What really shocked we was her saying that they don’t give ANY injections of any kind in the office.

That sounds strange indeed. Each office has it's own rules and policies confusing the patient even more.

Haven't heard a thing in this neck of the woods about vaccines for cancer patients (neither in NJ, where I live, nor in PA, where I'm treated). 

Once again, the Kansas elites are at the front of the pack! :) 

One of the benefits of living in a smaller less populated flyover state is the health systems aren’t too crowed.  KS is slated to receive about 150,000 vaccines by the end of the December.  That will go a long way on round 1a.   Cancer patients are in round 1b along with other essential workers.  It would be very weird if Tim got vaccinated before me????   Now I understand why he has a letter from the State Health Department (KDHE) documenting UPS as an essential employer.   

My cancer center doesn’t do vaccines either at their clinic for the reasons Gary mentioned- storage.   I’ve learned so much about KU in the last two years.  My guess is that two or three drive thru sites would be set up, that’s what they’re doing for the flu vaccine where there was unprecedented demand this year.  

I just woke up & am a little fuzzy so this conversation is beginning to remind me of having a golden ticket to the chocolate factory.  

Now for all that food to take with the happy pills....

My oncologist mentioned the vaccine today, more as a "when it's available you will be willing to take it right?" My guess is he is getting some push back from people being afraid it isn't being properly tested or in general antivaccine. 

Archived