5 years later...

Steff

Hi friends.  I had planned to post yesterday, but the day got away from me, so here is the BIG news...

My mom celebrated her 5 year lung cancerversary yesterday!!!  5 years to the day that she was diagnosed with NSCLC adenocarcinoma, stage 3a.  At the time of her diagnosis, she had less than a 25% chance of living to see yesterday.  Unfortunately she spent the day in the clinic, receiving fancy purple chemo for her recently diagnosed leukemia, so we held our celebration a few days early.

During my mom's first treatment for lung cancer, she had chemo once per week, on Fridays.  I would take her to chemo every week.  We would sit together and then go to a local tea shop for a cup of tea.  I decided to continue our tradition and hold my version of high tea - with tea sandwiches, homemade scones, and cookies. And of course tea!  It was a nice surprise for her!

Take Care,

Steff

Steff, congratulations to your mom! Although I am sorry about her leukemia and hope that gets treated as effectively as her lung cancer was. 

Stories like your mother's make me optimistic for my future. At the time of my diagnosis of Stage IIIB last year, I hoped to survive a year. But one year later and I'm feeling good. 

Glad you both were able to celebrate this really great achievement. 

Hi Steff: Good to read from you again and celebrate with you your mom's survival. Sorry about the leukemia and hopefully  it will be in the rearview mirror just like lung cancer. When I wrote my first message under the name Triplet I was frightened, ignorant about lung cancer and ready to call it quit. You were first to respond to my post  with your Moms story and needless to say it was an attitude changer. You gave me hope and encouraged me not to give up. I am happy to let you know that my lung cancer is now reduced by over 90% so many thanks to you and your Mom and I hope we celebrate the next five years together again.

GaryG

Happy cancerversary to you

Happy cancerversary to you

Happy cancerversay, dear Steff's mom

Happy cancerversary to you.  And many MORE!

Love to hear survival stories. Say hi to her from me.

Bridget O

Steff,

Great news on the LC front.  I look forward to (and will pray for) the same kind of news on the leukemia front.  Thanks for sharing and those "Tea Times" are a great touch for you and her.  

Lou

Thank you, my friends!  One day I will be less busy working and caring for my mom that I will be able to join in the conversation again!  

Archived