COVID Vaccine

TJM

I may be off base, but I'm guessing the side effects from the vaccine pales in comparison to Chemo.

Give me the jab

Peace

Tom

I've never had a reaction to vaccines until I got the second of two Pneumonia vaccines.  Wow...I swelled up, had trouble swallowing and had to get Benadryl via IV and then an epinephrine shot...talk about groggy from the Benadryl and then an epi shot.  It reminded me of my college days.  Anyway, I'm not so worried.  I figure as an LC survivor my odds with the vaccine are far better than with the virus.

Lou 

Yeah, like Lou, the one pneumonia vaccine is the only one I've ever had problems with. Felt like a hard punch in the arm for several days and, IIRC, general achiness. 

FYI, I just read that Britain is warning people with many allergies to avoid the Covid vaccine (link below). My father falls into this category, so we'll see what is decided. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/health/covid-vaccine-allergies-health-workers-uk-intl-gbr/index.html

Personally I would take an allergic reaction versus COVID. Sign me up for the jab.

Seriously, they pumped poison into my body for 6 weeks....its called Chemo.

Peace

Tom.

For people (like my father) who have serious allergies to common medications that usually result in anaphylaxis and require emergency treatment, the vaccine apparently is a major concern. 

I wonder what docs in the us will recommend? I wonder if benadryl first and standing by with epinepherine woulld help make it safe enough to get the vaccine under medical supervision.  

Please remember that the folks in the UK were very sensitive and had history of reactions.  Early in the article they point this out;  "People with a "significant history of allergic reactions" should not be given the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine".  So, if you have that sort of history you should speak with your physician now regarding the vaccine.

Lou

17 hours ago, TJM said:

Personally I would take an allergic reaction versus COVID. Sign me up for the jab.

Seriously, they pumped poison into my body for 6 weeks....its called Chemo.

Really. I get why they're concerned--any unpleasant reactions will scare off the vaccine wimps and feed the nonsense spread by the antivaxxer groups. But sheesh, I'm gonna be elbowing Tom for a place in line.

But I agree that folks with history like Judy's dad's might wanna wait till there's a bit more information on allergies.

Some might be interested in an exchange of information with a prominent member of Lungevity's Science Advisory Board. I asked this notable physician and researcher should folks on immunotherapy have concern about receiving the COVID vaccine. His response was: "There is no data on this particular issue of course {immunotherapy and COVID vaccine} but I would strongly advise people to get vaccinated when it is available. I don't anticipate any adverse reaction. We vaccinate patients on immunotherapy all the time with other vaccines (flue, shingles, eat.) -- no problem."

Of course, folks should consult with their personal physician about individual medical conditions. And, there may be some small strata of society who should not received the vaccine. But this is an exception rather than the rule. Let's not fall into the trap of believing hyped-up social or main stream media stories on doom and gloom about the COVID vaccine. The vaccine is a good news story! It is not a hoax! It will save many, many, many more lives than it harms. Let's stop the spread of dissemination before it starts. If you are a lung cancer survivor, consult your doctor and follow his or her guidance. Most all physicians will say get the vaccine.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived