LSR

LSR

Hi Tom,

Here you go. I haven't looked at the published version, so I don't know what got cut or changed, but I think it's probably pretty intact because the editor loved what everyone had to say.  

https://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/features/how-i-found-community

Thanks again so much for being willing to share your time, experiences, and wisdom.

Wishing you nothing but the best,

Linda

Well. I hope and expect traffic here to increase. Regardless, you have done a great service for people. Ask for a raise!

Peace

Tom

It's amazing how kind and considerate you are when you are dealing with so many things in your own life. We need more like you! 

With thanks,

Linda

On 1/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, LSR said:

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Both my editor and I loved some of your comments and felt it would have been a shame to lose them. I hope all is well with you and wish the very best for you going forward.

Hi Lou,

I just want to let you know that the article finally published. You can find it here: https://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/features/how-i-found-community Thanks again so much for letting me use your name, your experiences and your wisdom. Wishing you all the best,

Linda

I was off line yesterday, carpet bombing the State of KS to advocate for cancer patients to be prioritized for COVID Vaccinations.   In KS, cancer patients are behind thousands of healthy young people and incarcerated criminals!    When I woke up from my nap this afternoon, Tim said, "you better go check your phone- it's been pinging for an hour".  Lo and behold, this article is making it's way around the lung cancer community!!!  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to participate in this effort to raise much needed awareness.   If we can help one person from falling into the deep dark hole, it's all worth it. Thank you Linda for sharing our stories!!!!   I love you guys!!! 

Hi Michelle,

You are a born activist. Good for you! I apologize for not contacting you sooner. I meant to let you know right away that the article had published. You opened the door for me into the Community and gave me a fantastically detailed and informed interview. I can't thank you enough!

Please keep in touch and let me know what you're fighting for next.

When the time is right Linda, I can't wait to tell you about The White Ribbon Project!!!   It's my next great adventure into raising lung cancer awareness.  Check out the early adopters on Twitter:  @TheWRP4LC.... grass roots movement that has exploded onto the scene!   All the best!  Michelle 

Linda,

Thank you so much for such a well-done article.  It does us and those that will come to our site a great service.  I'm so glad you came and included Lungevity in your story.  

Lou

Hi Lou,

Thanks so very much for your kind words, but all credit is due to you and the others I interviewed for the story. Everyone was so articulate, thoughtful, and informative, it would be been hard to go wrong. I am especially appreciative that you let us use your full name so we could include some of your terrific quotes. Just so happy to have met all of you! What a privilege.

Sending you my best,

Linda

Archived