When it rains...

TJM

You and Lexie have to stop playing "stupid cancer tricks"..... it's always something.   I'm really sorry and that totally sucks particularly because you've been feeling so well. I'd recommend finding a good acupuncturist-they can work wonders to facilitate bone healing.   So, you gonna tell us what the story is?

M. 

Okay, I'm going to take a different approach.  If Tom and Lexie are going to compete I'm putting 2:1 odds on Lexie...she manages things I couldn't even think of.  

Seriously though, sorry to hear this Tom.  I hope the healing is quick.  

Lou

You guys make me laugh. As for my latest self inflicted wound, I wont know the prognosis till Monday when I see a surgeon. Bone that broke is really broken (!) so I am not expecting good news.

Lexie-please do not one up me. I dont think my body could take me one upping you!

7 hours ago, Rower Michelle said:

You and Lexie have to stop playing "stupid cancer tricks"..... it's always something.   I'm really sorry and that totally sucks particularly because you've been feeling so well. I'd recommend finding a good acupuncturist-they can work wonders to facilitate bone healing.   So, you gonna tell us what the story is?

M. 

The whole story...never. A hint..it was early morning Jan 7th. Alcohol was involved. 'Nuff said.

Peace

Tom

Quick update. No surgery required. Got a good boot that allows me to walk. Still hurts but solid. Was out two hours today and I am totally wiped. Now that I'm mobile I hope to improve on that. I was never an athlete but I was always active.

So. I wonder what comes next? Shingles? Covid? Heart attack?

None of the above. I vow I am not going to have any more setbacks.

I only have one wish. That I was at my sister in laws in Broklyn. I love snow, especially big dumps and especially when I dont have to go any where.

Peace

Tom

Well that’s a bit of good news!   Just got off the phone with my Dad in Jersey, they can’t open the front door!  Snowmageddon!!!

Daddy is going to be 80 this year, I found myself in helicopter child mode lecturing him not to attempt to shovel.  Then we both cracked up because I sounded just like him when I was getting yelled at as a teenager.  

Snow fairly light here. So far, a few inches, maybe a bit more tonight/tomorrow. I rescheduled my appt with the orthopedic surgeon that was set for tomorrow--not urgent enough to struggle with scraping off the car and avoiding NJ drivers (who don't as a group do well with snow). 

Our HOA is SUPPOSED to clear walks--there is a vehicle out there scraping the street right now. 

Times like this I sure wish I had a garage.

Wise of you not to try scraping the car. I can't even imagine what kind of injury you might have done to yourself.  I won't  think about you driving in snow! BTW, Oregon drivers (including me) have issues driving in snow.

The amount of snow pretty much doubled overnight and this morning. Altogether, I'd say we got around a foot of snow here. When it finally let up, I went out and shoved the snow off my car. It was so heavy and wet, I was afraid if it froze solid, it would be a nightmare to get it off the car, and I will have to go out day after tomorrow for a pre-op appointment with my ophthalmologist. 

Would have been great snow for making snowpersons and/or snowballs--hope the kids got to enjoy it. They haven't had too many chances to have fun the past year or so.

I hear we might get more snow this weekend. I sure hope not--I have my CT scans on Monday and infusion Tuesday (it's a little early because I'm having my eye surgery next Friday).

Archived