Help finding a post

Sabacat

Hi all,

Lots haf]g\ s changed for me since Christmas Eve.  I had another (much worse) stroke just 2  days after my final radiation treatment. Once out of the hospital from that, we finally got  back to Duke for scans in January when I felt a major increase in size of lymph node in my neck. Scans confirmed significant progression in lymph nodes.  My onc is now suggesting a different chemo that he says has a 20% chance of success. I remember a thread about it- -t was what Glenn (G.A.M.) took last with good results-- but cannot find it with any search. The drug is gemcitabine.  Can anyone help me find it?  Both my typing and my brain are a bit slow right now, but it would mean a lot to me.

thanks so much,

Susan

@Sabacat i have been thinking about you because you are usually so active on here. I am so sorry about the stroke. that must be very discouraging. i can't help find the post, but hope that you are part of the 20% that it works for. 

Hugs

Jenny

Thanks so much! It has been very hard not to be able to communicate easily. Jen, I think I saw that you, too, had some less than good news and have been thinkihg of you.  

Susan, thanks for reaching out to Glenn..maybe he could even send me a PM

Hi Susan: I was wondering why you didn't post for a while. Sorry about you heart trouble and I hope the new medication works for you. I don't remember Glenn's post per say but you can list his recent posts by typing his name in the search box. I was able to do a search on Gemcitabine/Gemzar but didn't get a return. Another way to find his posts is by clicking on his picture.

Hi, Susan,

So sorry to hear about the stroke.

I think there is something messed up with the search function on the forums. I get no responses even for fairly common terms. It used to work for me, not sure what changed.

I seem to recall seeing posts on here referencing the brand name version of the drug, Gemzar. But I'm not finding any posts using the search for that, either. 

Sending you positive thoughts--hope you will post more when you are up to it.

Susan, I'm on the Lungevity Immunotherapy FB group (I'm not very active there) but I just noticed there's a reply (by someone named "Ellen Kim") to a Jan. 25 post about progression--Ellen talks about her dad having a good response to Gemcitibine. Here's the link to the group if you don't have it: https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=lungevity immunotherapy group.

Susan,

I wish you had better news.  I'm glad that Tom found the information for you and you know that we are all pulling for you in every way.  Stay strong.

Lou

Archived