MET Exon 14 Skipping treatment combination

Abe

I am intersted in whether the combination of targeted therapy for MET Exon 14 Skipping (TABRECTA/CAPMATINIB) and immunotherapy (e.g Pembrolizumab/Keytruda) can be better as first line compared to Tabrecta alone. 

Abe,

Welcome here. I am not acquainted with the combination targeted therapy and immunotherapy you refer to. Here is the latest thing I've read about treating NSCLC Adenocarcinoma MET Exon 14 Skipping.

Stay the course.

Tom

• Abe changed the title to MET Exon 14 Skipping treatment combination
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting and sharing this article. Since I am new to the group, this information is very helpful & encouraging.

In 1996, at age 70, my father was diagnosed with LC & was told pretty much to pack his bags, get his affairs in order & go on hospice. Six months later he died a horrible death with excruciating pain when lc metastasized to his bones.

Fast forward, 25 years later with my sisters dx of BM nsclc, finding her gene mutation & being able to treat it with targeted therapy, help is on the way. Extremely encouraging. Thumbs up!!

• 2 weeks later...

ConcernedSib,

Things have changed drastically in the past 5 years no less since 1996.  Please keep us updated and ask any other questions you may have.

Lou

Sorry just found your post as I’ve not logged in for a few days. Thank you for your concern and encouragement.

Yes indeed, as I had no idea how many more advancements have been made in this field of LC.

it just seems so unbelievable that FDA just approved the targeted drug, Trabecta, just a few months before my sisters diagnosis of bm nsclc.

She received 2 weeks of WBRT in Dec.  Recent results of MRI indicated lesions shrinking, with no swelling in her brain. Yes!! She’ll have a scan from her head to pelvis next month. (for the lungs?).

She sounds hopeful & optimistic but does have some bad days & can get very fatigued especially in the evening.

Other than that, no swelling no other side affects except sometimes vertigo. A little nausea at times.

Finally she got the covid vaccine & will get 2nd shot in a few weeks. I’ll feel better when she’s fully vaccinated though. Didn’t understand why cancer patients & shutins weren’t a priority for the vaccines. Oh well!!

I have not heard of using Tabrecta and immunotherapy combined together.  I did have Keytruda with Carbo and Alimta, then Alimta and Keytruda, then Keytruda alone.  The Keytruda was stopped at the end of December and now I'm starting Tabrecta - actually today.  My oncologist did say that Keytruda might be used again in the future, but he did not offer it with Trabecta.  

Archived