AHHHH.....I'm NED

Claudia

Hi Everyone!

Well, I finally had my PET scan and after my stage IV diagnosis 2 years ago, chemo, immunotherapy, radiation and a left lobectomy I finally got the PET scan that I was hoping for. I am officially NED. AHHHH....(that's me screaming for joy). It's been a hard road but today's results make it worth everything I went through. I am still on Keytruda every three weeks. My god Oncologist gave me the choice of continuing with the treatment or stopping now. I am not ready to stop so I will continue on but I'm NED. NEVER GIVE UP. I didn't and now AHHHHH.....Peace, light and great scans to all. 

Claudia

Claudia: Congratulations and thanks for brightening up my day. It is interesting that you elected to stay on Keytruda. I would have done the same. My question then is did you ask the oncologist to take it every 6 weeks instead and are you taking it without a chemotherapy drug. Again I am very happy for you  and wish you stay NED for ever.

1 hour ago, GaryG said:

Claudia: Congratulations and thanks for brightening up my day. It is interesting that you elected to stay on Keytruda. I would have done the same. My question then is did you ask the oncologist to take it every 6 weeks instead and are you taking it without a chemotherapy drug. Again I am very happy for you  and wish you stay NED for ever.

Gary, I've been off chemo for a long time. Since May or June of 2019. Dr Faria took me off early because it was killing me. He has kept me on Keytruda since then. He told me that I could stay on it for two years. He feels that Keytruda is the reason it never spread any further. I was PDL-1 positive 80% so I guess he's right. I'm uncomfortable doing anything other than what he says. He saved my life.  I am grateful. 

I’d like to thank everyone for their kind remarks and well wishes. I’m so glad I found this support group. I’m so thankful for all of you and yes @Tom Galliit looks like I-went-all-the-way to NED. Now to stay there......

Claudia,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! (yes, that was me yelling out loud).  :)
You've gone through a pretty long journey to get here and I couldn't be happier for you.

Lou

• 2 weeks later...

Archived