MET amplification

jack14

At the present time there isn't any FDA approved treatment for MET amplification in NSCLC, as far as I know. I have heard that there is at least one agent (compound) for MET exxon 14 that has been approved by the FDA called  Crizotinib, and I believe, this drug has been shown to be effective in some cases of amplification as well?

5 hours ago, jack14 said:

I wanted to correct the misspelling of "amplification" in the title but can't find an edit feature? 

Pretty sure you have to ask one of the moderators to edit the title. I get it, trust me--I was writing/editing for a living and I can't STAND having one of my typos sitting there for everyone to see. I've been known to come back and edit my own posts for a misplaced comma, lol. It happens to all of us.

Hi my name is Teresa. I have MET exon 14 skipping with MET amplification. I had a 15 cm tumor in my right lung. I went straight to crizotinib and within months it shrunk my huge tumore to 9.7 cms. I had a right pneumonectomy on 4/9/2018. I am currently NED on treatment. I was able to bypass any chemotherapy. An article was written on my case. Pathologic Complete Response to Neoadjuvant Crizotinib in a Lung Adenocarcinoma Patient with a MET Exon 14 Skipping Mutation. Crizotinib and Tepotinib (which as of Feb. 2021 received FDA approval) are two current targeted therapies as well as Capmatinib (Tabrecta). I belong to MET Crusaders. If you have MET, they have a lot of information on MET exon 14 skipping, MET amplification and MET protein expression. I am a 3.5 year survivor. I was given my life back. I originally was a Stage 4 patient and then it was upgraded to Stage 3 B.  

19 hours ago, TD1 said:

Hi my name is Teresa. I have MET exon 14 skipping with MET amplification. I had a 15 cm tumor in my right lung. I went straight to crizotinib and within months it shrunk my huge tumore to 9.7 cms. I had a right pneumonectomy on 4/9/2018. I am currently NED on treatment. I was able to bypass any chemotherapy. An article was written on my case. Pathologic Complete Response to Neoadjuvant Crizotinib in a Lung Adenocarcinoma Patient with a MET Exon 14 Skipping Mutation. Crizotinib and Tepotinib (which as of Feb. 2021 received FDA approval) are two current targeted therapies as well as Capmatinib (Tabrecta). I belong to MET Crusaders. If you have MET, they have a lot of information on MET exon 14 skipping, MET amplification and MET protein expression. I am a 3.5 year survivor. I was given my life back. I originally was a Stage 4 patient and then it was upgraded to Stage 3 B.  

Wow! Thank you Teresa! That sounds like some good news for me and many like me who have only the "MET amplification" and not the other forms of MET mutation. I met with my Oncologist yesterday just prior to my Keytruda infusion, and she said that she had read that the FDA had approved Crizotnib for use in MET amp and that we would likely be able to get it for me as a second line of therapy if the Keytruda stops working or we have to discontinue it. Which unfortunately, is a possibility, as my hemoglobin has dropped to 12.8 and she suspects that it is because of the Keytruda... 

I am pleased to hear of your success though! And I am a member of the MET Crusaders group but I haven't read that yet. Thanks again and we are indeed fortunate.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, LexieCat said:

Pretty sure you have to ask one of the moderators to edit the title. I get it, trust me--I was writing/editing for a living and I can't STAND having one of my typos sitting there for everyone to see. I've been known to come back and edit my own posts for a misplaced comma, lol. It happens to all of us.

Oh yes! You are so right about that! lol

• LouT changed the title to MET amplification
  • 2 months later...

Little late in getting to this party :) Im am (squamous)  MET amplification and have been taking Crizotinib for 2 years...I've been stable that long as well. 

Oh, I see you found our new forum for MET! Just curious, where do you get your treatment, Wyde? I'm right across the river and have been treated since last summer at Penn (though this trial I'm doing is at MD Anderson--Cooper in Camden).

• 2 months later...

Thank you Teresa and Wyde for sharing this! My partner was on Keytruda for six months, the was switched to chemo but due to small strokes after chemo, is now switching to Capmatinib (Tabrecta). Just took his first pills this morning and we are hoping for the best. He has MET amplification but not skipping. Can you guys share what your side effects were like? I know everyone is different, but he was very nervous about it.

Archived